Andrew White Transfering

worst part about this is he nearly waited until july to make this decision. now we have 2 open scholarships, and possibly 3 if tai really does leave.

The difference with Tai is he would have to sit out a year, as he hasn't graduated, yet, or go play pro for New Zealand.

Brian Rosenthal made a good point in one of his tweets: it probably wouldn't have been too good of an idea to have a young team being led by a senior who is most concerned about enhancing his draft status. (Something along those lines)

AW3 is obviously more concerned about himself and his future than the Nebraska basketball team. I'm not here to judge AW3, but at the end of the day it's probably best for AW3 and the development of our young players, that we part ways. It definitely sucks and puts a damper on next season but what can you do.

In now way is this good for Nebrasketball. Unless finishing at the bottom of the Big Ten is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If AW3 is carrying a me first mentality, it definitely is good for the team. A team can be talented and still not perform well if it has internal issues and everyone isn't on the same page. See Nebrasketball 2014-15
We are not winning more games without White no matter how much you want that to be true. Next year is likely to be very ugly again unless we are able to pull a few rabbits out of a hat on the recruiting trail. No offense to Roby and Horne...but it's not fair to be huge expectations on them as freshman and we will be needing them.

Never said we would win more games. I said that if AW3 has a "I'm more concerned about my draft stock than this team" type mentality than it is good for the team that he is leaving. An event leading to more wins and an event being better for the well being of a team aren't the same thing.

Just piling on and venting here, but I'm not surprised AW left, but I'm shocked at the timing. This really reflects poorly on him. As someone said earlier, there really needs to be a window for grad transfers. Leaving this late is a total screw job.

I've lost a lot of respect for White. And now I'm left wondering what the heck is going on behind the scenes with Miles.

Things change so fast.

I agree that you don't want a me-first senior poisoning the water for the younguns, but this is just unbelievably bad news. There's no way this team gets to .500 in the BIG or makes the tournament. Might not have anyway, but now it's impossible. 

And I guess we won't have a full roster for another year. I hope somebody can spin something positive out of this, I'm headed for the Johnnie Walker Black.

I've heard that Webster is gone now too. Was waiting on Whites decision and Miles is losing the team. Sucks! I hoped it wasn't true. But I had heard of the White situation a couple weeks ago.

If Webster leaves any chance Miles has open tryouts? I may be able to give a minute or two.

I'll start by saying I wish Andrew had returned. We obviously would have been better with him. Can't say I'm surprised based on his comments when he came back about the offense needing to change to highlight his skills. I'm sure there are other issues behind the scenes here but do we really want our coach (Miles or anyone else) changing their offensive scheme just because a player thinks it shows his skills better? Not sure what message that sends to others on the team.

As far as those now crying for a change in coaching, be careful what you ask for, it's not always better than what you have. I remember a lot of people (myself included) wanted Groce when we hired Miles. How's that working out for Illinois? Say what you want about his coaching or whatever Lanigan and others have heard is going on but our recruiting and fan excitement has exponentially improved under Miles. If we make a change we are back in the "building" mode.

One last thing on a coaching change, before you do that you better know you have a better coach waiting in the wings. Regardless of our new facilities, we still have zero real hoops history and would struggle to hire a big name or hot, up-and-coming coach.

As for me, I'm going to support the team we have, enjoy watching last years young guys take big steps forward and see how the freshmen turn out. All while cheering for the Huskers, Coach Miles and having a great time going to the games!

There's no way this team gets to .500 in the BIG or makes the tournament. Might not have anyway, but now it's impossible. 

Is this what you want the coaching staff telling their players?

I doubt they ask me to speak to the players. I doubt they ask you either. That's my opinion, and if you see something good happening from this roster, more power to you.

I agree that you don't want a me-first senior poisoning the water for the younguns, but this is just unbelievably bad news. There's no way this team gets to .500 in the BIG or makes the tournament. Might not have anyway, but now it's impossible.

And I guess we won't have a full roster for another year. I hope somebody can spin something positive out of this, I'm headed for the Johnnie Walker Black.

I'm an extremely optimistic person so bear with me:

-Four sophomores who all got valuable experience and started games for us last year.

-A talented senior combo gaurd who made a huge jump last year and has gotten better every year he has been here (same with AW3 situation; Tai is on the team until he says he isnt)

-Miles track record with transfers makes me feel comfortable saying that Anton will be 10+ PPG for us next year.

-Another talented recruiting class coming in.

Could be worse, but like I said I'm an optimist.

I can't fathom why AWIII would want to transfer at this point unless he wants to go back to a higher profile team like KU. But he might be playing behind better players there if he does. Sorry, couldn't help being snarky there.I just hope he gives some less nebulous reason for leaving because none of this makes sense tonight.

There's no way this team gets to .500 in the BIG or makes the tournament. Might not have anyway, but now it's impossible. 

Is this what you want the coaching staff telling their players?

I doubt they ask me to speak to the players. I doubt they ask you either. That's my opinion, and if you see something good happening from this roster, more power to you.

Chuck, it sucks losing your 2 leading scorers off of a 6-12 team, and I may share your concerns about improvement, but impossible is a strong word.  Impossible is a synonym for the word "quit".