In state kids?

Section_316

2 hours ago, 49r said:

PWO potential here or is he going to end up with HM full ride opportunities do you think?

I believe he currently has a couple low D1 offers so I am guessing we would have to give him a scholarship but no specific knowledge. 

7 hours ago, 49r said:

PWO potential here or is he going to end up with HM full ride opportunities do you think?

He doesn't have any HM scholly offers yet. I do believe some were sniffing around last summer/fall and wanted to see how the season/AAU went, Nebraska and creighton included. He should be the best player in the state this next year, so the rest of the AAU circuit will be telling. 

Personally, id pull the trigger on an offer. He's always rebounded well for his position, can shoot extremely well from 3, and can score in a few different ways inside the arc. 6'5 175, so he'd need to put on some weight, but I'd pull the trigger. 

At the same time, I felt similarly about treyson Anderson last year, and he ended up at NDSU. Could be a similar situation here, but I do like his shooting quite a bit. 

On 6/4/2024 at 10:02 PM, AuroranHusker said:

Does Bryson Bahl have the 'right stuff' to be a D-1 hoops player? That's the question, I'm sure he has the make-up to be competent, much like a Sam Hoiberg has that in spades. Time will tell the tale...

Just committed to South Dakota State.

On 6/5/2024 at 9:18 AM, Art Vandalay said:

He absolutely is a D1 player IMO. The only question for me is what level? If we have room and we. Normally do I would absolutely take a flyer on him. He can shoot the lights out.

I meant high-level D1, but yeah, he's now a So. Dak. St. commit. Good for B.B. and the Jacks.

Edited by AuroranHusker

40 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Another in state kid to keep our eyes on. Right before the two minute mark, he said he's been hearing from Nebraska, GCU and Colorado the most. High level shooter, but no offer has been extended yet. @Jacob Padillaif you have anything to add feel free 

Never heard of Mosser, but I get looking at Webber. 

On 6/15/2024 at 6:33 PM, Milk said:

Mosser’s dad was a legend at Ralston High and Neb Wesleyan.   

His older brother signed with Black Hills St (D2) and will be a FR this fall.

Mitch was an All-American at Wesleyan. Great player, competitor and person

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jacob Padilla had this to say about Jacob Webber on the Underground:

Webber moved to Kearney from Arizona last year. His dad is a professional shooting coach. 6'6" wing who averaged 18 PPG and shot 42% from 3 on 8.3 attempts per game as a sophomore for the Bearcats.

He played for ETG in Omaha last spring and summer, starting on the 16U team then moving up to the 17U one. I watched 31 of his games (15 with the 16U team, 16 with the 17U team). He shot 39.1% from 3 on 9.6 attempts per game, a ton of them off movement and a handful off the dribble. I've never seen a shot-hunter quite like him come through here. He ended up leading the 17U team in scoring average. Special shooting prospect. He also has pretty good touch from mid-range and in. He doesn't really care if there's a hand in his face; he's going to shoot almost every time he touches it if he has even a little space. Concerns would be he doesn't do a ton else other than shooting and he needs to get better laterally to hold up on defense.

Iowa offered him in June after he hit 9 3s in a game in front of McCaffery. Cal and Washington have also offered.

On 9/25/2024 at 12:55 AM, MitchMcGaryMunchies said:

Half the time the cameraman can't even rotate to cover him, let alone the defenders.

Looks like a good shooter, but seems to be a one-trick pony. No highlights of anything but jump shots, and even then didn't show extended rage beyond the 3P line. Maybe there's more to his game, but from this tape, he doesn't seem very quick and lacks the kind of versatility you'd expect for someone to be successful in Hoiberg's offense.    

Edited by HuscurAdam