2024-25 Big Ten Media Days

Thursday - Coaches Panel

10 - 10:20 am - Indiana Head Coach Mike Woodson, Nebraska Head Coach Fred Hoiberg, USC Head Coach Eric Musselman  

Thursday - Interviews at Podiums

1:30 - 2 pm - Nebraska Head Coach Fred Hoiberg 

2 - 2:30 pm - Nebraska Student-Athletes 

https://assets.contentstack.io/v3/assets/bltca750cef518bc6e4/blt5d4371f20030e576/66f742e20e0536e300e69d70/2024_BBMD_Media_Schedule.pdf

B1G Network coverage runs from 9 am - 4 pm - sounds like the coaches' panels will be televised and then the players and Fred will have a televised sit down at some point between 11 am and 4 pm. I don't see anything that shows the afternoon TV schedule for the sit down interviews, though.

Edited by throwback

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, throwback said:

League media members follow NU so closely that more probably voted for Keisei than Brice. 😁

Indubitably. Maybe a 20-person lineup would be more appropriate for an 18-team league... it's unwieldy as an 18-team Big Ten conference, for sure.

Edited by AuroranHusker

2 minutes ago, Raidsker said:

A reminder from January that only top 15 teams get into the conference tournament.

So step one is win enough to be safely above that.

https://x.com/BigTenNetwork/status/1752382180138086619?t=RwolfXJ-DnC_TVQeWvDoaw&s=19

Unless they are a brand new head coach with some leeway, it won't do much for job security if you can't even qualify for your postseason conference tournament.

39 minutes ago, throwback said:

I don't think we'll ever have to worry about expectations being too high in polls like this.

Well...at least not until we can manage to advance beyond the first round of the NCAA Tournament anyway.

I have mixed emotions on the predictions.  I'm glad we are not ranked real high as it keeps everyone grounded and of course every year we are suppose to be good, things fall apart but this year seems a little different from the past.  I kind of expected a higher ranking in conference as we turned a corner last year and I like the players we have added along with the key returners (Williams, Gary, Hoiberg) and I trust Coach Hoiberg's system.  I'm concerned that others have added to their teams with more NIL money than we have and it might be a case of not how good you are but how good your opponents are.

23 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I have mixed emotions on the predictions.  I'm glad we are not ranked real high as it keeps everyone grounded and of course every year we are suppose to be good, things fall apart but this year seems a little different from the past.  I kind of expected a higher ranking in conference as we turned a corner last year and I like the players we have added along with the key returners (Williams, Gary, Hoiberg) and I trust Coach Hoiberg's system.  I'm concerned that others have added to their teams with more NIL money than we have and it might be a case of not how good you are but how good your opponents are.

Some for sure but I think we are competitive with most. Illinois, Indiana, UCLA, Mich, maybe USC probably all did. I’m sure Ore and OSU could but doesn’t appear they did. So I think we are competing fairly well. Seems we are going for fit more than splash so our guys might be under rated by the media. Worster is a damn good PG but probably doesn’t move the needle in these polls.