Minnestoa (17-9) vs. Nebraska (19-8) Game Thread

I don’t understand the 5 years of infatuation for Garcia.  Now I will say with his skill set I actually think he’d be great in our system, but the dude has been hopping from team to team and has been so average, but god people love him and I don’t know why.  

I don't like them becausetheir mascot is vermin. I hate all rodents, even chip and dale. those fluffy tails aren't fooling anyone. they poop everywhere and destroy every they can get their claws on. so paint them golden all you want. they're still rats to me. Anyone bring a can of Vermin-B-Gone?

8 minutes ago, TZAHL said:

The officiating didn’t affect this game in anyway.  There were a couple of head scratchers but normally they even out. Our team is playing good enough we can stop complaining about average officiating. 

The official who made the most questionable calls was actually a Nebraskan.

I actually thought they did well.  More so in the first half.  They let both teams play aggressively.   In the second half, they appeared to want to control the intensity; but sort of did it in a rather odd manner.

The only time I was rather ticked was when the offensive foul was called on Keisei.  Opponents are allowed to grab, push and punish him, and then Keisei gets called for brushing his arm downwards while trying to protect himself.  Balderdash I say, balderdash.

Edited by Huskerpapa

3 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

The official who made the most questionable calls was actually a Nebraskan.

I actually thought they did well.  More so in the first half.  They let both teams play aggressively.   In the second half, they appeared to want to control the intensity; but sort of did it in a rather odd manner.

The only time I was rather ticked was when the offensive foul was called on Keisei.  Opponents are allowed to grab, push and punish him, and then Keisei gets called for brushing his arm downwards while trying to protect himself.  Balderdash I say, balderdash.

To me this game was a perfect example of the type of officiating that supports the notion that big ten teams get to the dance and don’t know how to play without fouling. From the tip it was so physical, they weren’t calling anything and they just let it keep escalating. Then they decide to start calling stuff tight right out of half time and you have to adjust how you’re playing the game.

32 minutes ago, Vinny said:

To me this game was a perfect example of the type of officiating that supports the notion that big ten teams get to the dance and don’t know how to play without fouling. From the tip it was so physical, they weren’t calling anything and they just let it keep escalating. Then they decide to start calling stuff tight right out of half time and you have to adjust how you’re playing the game.

Ya I didn’t see that. We missed 6 bunnies in the first 5 minutes with little to no contact. You can’t tell me Kesei was fouled on the first play, Mast on his normally dependable jump hooks, Sam on the reverse layup. There were about 3 others as well. 

There was also the run of two missed KT threes and two other paint shots and a missed dunk by Allick that led to a 6-0 run by Minny. Game could have easily been 35-15 at half and that was not on the officials 

Of course the officials didn’t miss our shots. I think all eight of our rotation players missed gimmes in the first half. But both teams could do anything on the boards, around screens, to stop cutters. And that won’t always be the case.

Edited by Vinny

3 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

In conference play we're shooting 39% from three and 79% from the free throw line. On the season we've made 33 more threes than anyone else in the conference. And we have the best FG% defense in the conference. Some impressive stats. 

And, if NU keeps winning, the Huskers could finish 2nd in the B1G. Now, that's going to be hard to do as most of it is out of NU's hands, but attaining a top 4 finish seems a bit more plausible and earning a double bye in the BTT means more Q1 opportunities instead of a possible 'bad loss' without any byes in Minneapolis.