2024 Portal Watch

Who is the odd man out for playing time this year...

Worster

Ulis

Hoiberg

Essegian 

Gary

Williams 

Griffiths

Berke

Morgan

Meah

Is Janowski even have a chance at minutes without an injury?

I honestly don't know, because I think they all are needed this year.  We also know Fred will not be playing 10 players all year

Edited by big red22

23 minutes ago, big red22 said:

Who is the odd man out for playing time this year...

Worster

Ulis

Hoiberg

Essegian 

Gary

Williams 

Griffiths

Berke

Morgan

Meah

Is Janowski even have a chance at minutes without an injury?

I honestly don't know, because I think they all are needed this year.  We also know Fred will not be playing 10 players all year

Tough call.  You would think it would be the short walk on guard, but he always plays himself into the rotation with hustle and defense.  I could see Ulis and Worster splitting time at the point and the big guys always seem to find time because of foul trouble.  Jano could really throw a wrench into things if he shows he can hold his own because he can shoot it.  One thing you can count on unfortunately is injuries which can solve the issue as well.  Basically I'm not sure without seeing everyone play other than on a highlight clip.

Tell me the players who will always bust a nut. Tell me the players who are the best teammates.  Tell me the players who will play within the system most effectively.  Tell me who the leaders will be, et al.  

Hard to see who will rise to the top.  But it should be fun to watch!

Edited by Huskerpapa

I wouldn’t be surprised to have 9 or 10 in the rotation, if those players are bringing positive play to the court. We had 8 last year and I think Ulis and Keita, would have found minutes if they didn’t have things keeping them off the court. 

Just like the past couple of seasons, we have TOO many good players. But as we all know these things have a way of sorting themselves out. Seems like a lot of guys can contribute at different Spots, we’ll just have to see who’s got that Fire 🔥 in the Belly. 

3 hours ago, Vinny said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to have 9 or 10 in the rotation, if those players are bringing positive play to the court. We had 8 last year and I think Ulis and Keita, would have found minutes if they didn’t have things keeping them off the court. 

I’d agree, we played 9 last year down the stretch a bit. He was giving Rice 4-5 minutes a game in the first half (so maybe we call it 8.5 man rotation)

I really hope Jano is to good to keep on the bench too.

There are four guys who will *surely* be in the rotation, five if you use an "or":

Williams

Gary

Morgan 

Meah

Worster OR Ulis

For everyone else, I really think it will mainly come down to who is shooting the ball the best. If another five guys are shooting the ball well, Fred won't hesitate to go 10 deep.

15 minutes ago, HuscurAdam said:

There are four guys who will *surely* be in the rotation, five if you use an "or":

Williams

Gary

Morgan 

Meah

Worster OR Ulis

For everyone else, I really think it will mainly come down to who is shooting the ball the best. If another five guys are shooting the ball well, Fred won't hesitate to go 10 deep.

Earlier I said that GG was a wild card and I would add Berke as a wild card as well.  I hope both reach their high ceiling which would put coach into a tough but good situation.

17 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Sam needs to be better on offense if he wants to stay in the rotation

Agreed.  Sam got minutes out of necessity but he earned the right to keep those minutes.  However, as we upgrade in talent, Sam has to bring something to the table to get minutes. He was not an effective scorer and not athletic enough to guard some of the other teams PG's.  Sam has a great story but think his minutes will be limited this season. 

2 hours ago, kldm64 said:

Agreed.  Sam got minutes out of necessity but he earned the right to keep those minutes.  However, as we upgrade in talent, Sam has to bring something to the table to get minutes. He was not an effective scorer and not athletic enough to guard some of the other teams PG's.  Sam has a great story but think his minutes will be limited this season. 

Imagine being a guard coming to practice each and every day, knowing that, for you to play, you have to out hustle and out perform Sam.

If Sam ain't playing, that means our guard corp is really damn good!

4 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I did the same thing when I read it 😂

JUST to clarify...I am referencing the latter rather than the former 😉 

The term bust a nut implies that something explosive is going on with one's testicles—metaphorically, we hope. Originally, to bust a nut meant “to ejaculate” but also”to work hard,” perhaps a variation of a similar expression bust your conk, meaning “to work hard at a task."

9 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

JUST to clarify...I am referencing the latter rather than the former 😉 

The term bust a nut implies that something explosive is going on with one's testicles—metaphorically, we hope. Originally, to bust a nut meant “to ejaculate” but also”to work hard,” perhaps a variation of a similar expression bust your conk, meaning “to work hard at a task."

The term can also refer to freeing a rusted metal nut that is stuck on a metal bolt. 🔩

Edited by LincecumFan