2024 Portal Watch

7 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Ryan Kalkbrenner is an early entrant in the 2024 NBA Draft, the league announced Tuesday morning.

McDermott if Kalkbrenner goes pro and they have to call up Frederick King back from the transfer portal. My apologies if you've never seen The Program before.

a659f5ba-fc05-4303-a8cc-76912b09cb3b_screenshot.jpg

41 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

If they were items on a menu at restaurant

Okpara is the prime rib special, Toppin is the "Market Value - Please ask your waiter"

How do these two guys compare with Elijah Saunders and Nate Santos?

26 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Ryan Kalkbrenner is an early entrant in the 2024 NBA Draft, the league announced Tuesday morning.

Saw that.  Will make a massive difference to how good CU will be next year on whether or not he returns or stays in the draft.

Just now, HuscurAdam said:

I don't understand this POV at all. I would take Hawkins in a heartbeat and thank my lucky stars that we landed him! He's freaky athletic, good shooter, and plays with a motor. What's the downside? 

Maybe it's because he's the kind of guy you hate on the other team but you love that he's on your team, and it's hard for some to want to cheer for him. But honestly, besides, KT, we didn't have anyone else last year, maybe except for Allick too, who fired up the team by their personality. We could use Hawkins for multiple reasons. 

Just now, big red22 said:

Honestly we need a rim protector, but he definitely was not the first man on the list.  Minimal offensive threat make him the definition of a role player

Think of him as a swap for Blaise. He has more experience and knows his role. He's an upgrade from Blaise.