2024 Portal Watch

3 minutes ago, Milk said:

Hard to believe the roster has been cut in half (including seniors) in less than a week.

Current Roster (scholarship players)

Gary

Mast

Williams

Lawrence

Diop

Uhlis

Janowski

Frager 

Hoiberg * 

Can't wait to see the new additions!

16 minutes ago, huskercabby said:

This is all starting to fall apart!

You might not have read the fine print of the terms you signed when you joined this forum.  There is absolutely no "The sky is falling" posts allowed until said user's fiftieth post.  You have a ways to go, partner.  😉

16 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

You might not have read the fine print of the terms you signed when you joined this forum.  There is absolutely no "The sky is falling" posts allowed until said user's fiftieth post.  You have a ways to go, partner.  😉

There might not be a team left if I wait to 50. How about 25? I’ll get right to work!😂

Edited by huskercabby

I expected CJ to depart.  He is a good man and worked hard while at Nebraska.  I wish him nothing but the best.  He helped turn our culture around!

That said, every time he put the ball on the floor, attempting to drive to the basket, gave me a near death experience.   

Again, thank you for being a Husker CJ.

5 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I expected CJ to depart.  He is a good man and worked hard while at Nebraska.  I wish him nothing but the best.  He helped turn our culture around!

That said, every time he put the ball on the floor, attempting to drive to the basket, gave me a near death experience.   

Again, thank you for being a Husker CJ.

That's basically my same thought process. We'll always have that magnificent comeback this season against UW (well, it happened the prior yr. too) but this past season CJ literally willed the team to victory with elite shot-making in that 2nd half. Thing of beauty against those pesky Badgers. GBR Always.

1 hour ago, millerhusker said:

Tony Perkins and Ahron Ulis were roommates at Iowa. The dude is built like an outside linebacker, has good athleticism and diced us up for 15 assists this year. Nebraska fans have recently become enamored with the stature of Texas A&M's guards. Well, he's bigger than all of them. 

It's with good reason, having a dude who can drive and dish like Perkins would be amazing. He sliced and diced NU at Iowa when there were only 2k fans who witnessed his dissection.

1 hour ago, Milk said:

Hard to believe the roster has been cut in half (including seniors) in less than a week.

Gary

Mast

Williams

Lawrence

Diop

Uhlis

Janowski

Frager 

Hoiberg * 

This list has me excited. Assuming this is the last of the transfers I like this list much better than last year's after the transfers. 

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I have heard of him but have never seen him play.  Granted it is NAIA but those are some big time numbers. 

Radio show out of Kearney this morning said he's gotten some interest from mostly Division 2 schools.

1 hour ago, Milk said:

Gary

Mast

Williams

Lawrence

Diop

Uhlis

Janowski

Frager 

Hoiberg * 

^^^ this roster probably makes the tournament. 

If they add a couple killers in the portal watch tf out.  I think we need a pitbull at SF and F.  Janowski will probably give Brice good resting minutes day 1.  Frager is handpicked for the 3 but he probably needs to be an understudy.

As it stands though:

Uhlis

Lawrence

Williams

Gary

Mast 

^^^ that’s a salty bunch who can guard the perimeter with great speed at 1-4.  A little small though.   

We really need a Bando SG/SF type who is an elite perimeter defender so Brice can guard the 3 on defense while punishing everyone at the 2 on offense.  I’m not sure on Janowski’s defense but if he can guard the 2 he might start because of his offensive skills.  JL is a really nice luxury off the bench with his energy.  

Edited by Fullbacksympathy

13 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

So far the only departure that I did have on my way too early depth chart for next year was Blaise. And that’s just because I wasn’t sure if any coach other than Hoiberg would give him a scholarship and honor it at this point, and we’re gonna need a few good locker room guys who are ok with being on the scout team.

Agreed, not every dude needs to be Brice, we also need an Allick and a Boogie, too. One of my fav NU dudes was Evan Taylor for Tim Miles' squad. That's the kind of player who helps immensely to fill in any gaps on the roster. ET was a dude in his *own* right! GBR Always.

Edited by AuroranHusker

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

Wonder who we could be watching?

We'd have to figure out which teams were in the JUCO championship bracket.... I'd imagine that could be gleaned on-line. I'm very curious as well. JUCO's are so hit or (mostly) miss, but yeah, KEISEI TOMINAGA comes to mind. Hmmm.

6 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Hurt us in 1st meeting with 15 & 5 in 23 minutes as starter and seemed like all those rebounds were on offensive end. 80+ days later he scores 2 points playing 8 minutes off the bench. Wonder what happened? He shot 60.9% from field, 40.6 from 3 (13-32 so small sample size and shot 73% fts. This worth kicking the tires on?

9 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

We'd have to figure out which teams were in the JUCO championship bracket.... I'd imagine that could be gleaned on-line. I'm very curious as well. JUCO's are so hit or (mostly) miss, but yeah, KEISEI TOMINAGA comes to mind. Hmmm.

My guesses would be: Malique Ewin - post player who was at Ole Miss last year and is now at South Plains (they played today). 
And Tavion Banks who plays for NW Florida St (also played today) and is originally from Kansas City. 

2 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Are the Lopers one of those schools?

Didn't say as UNK still looking for head coach so don't know and wonder who, if anyone, is recruiting.

Edited by roscoe

3 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

My guesses would be: Malique Ewin - post player who was at Ole Miss last year and is now at South Plains (they played today). 
And Tavion Banks who plays for NW Florida St (also played today) and is originally from Kansas City. 

Ewin is being followed by Tommy, so that may have some traction.