WTF? Ted Carter to tOSU? WTF?

4 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

His successor must be of the same quality and mindset.  This is an extremely important position for all Husker Athletics.

I felt the same way -- and honestly a bit jilted -- when Graham Spanier left for Penn State. That was before he went to prison, of course.

2 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

His successor must be of the same quality and mindset.  This is an extremely important position for all Husker Athletics.

Agreed, this sucks for DONU. He just got a gigantic raise, didn't he? Also doesn't feel like he stayed long enough according to the normal expectations for these types of jobs. But he gets to decide what's best for him, so congrats to him

11 minutes ago, BugeaterZ said:

Agreed, this sucks for DONU. He just got a gigantic raise, didn't he? Also doesn't feel like he stayed long enough according to the normal expectations for these types of jobs. But he gets to decide what's best for him, so congrats to him

On the bright side, there's no buyout.

I'm going to catch some grief over this, but I'm kind of in the "oh, well" camp.  He's leaving. See ya.  Was Graham Spanier the reason we won national championships in 94 and 95? Was he the reason Danny went on his run from 91-95?  Nope on both counts. Everything seems to be in place for all Husker sports to succeed.  I'm not getting my shorts in a bunch over this announcement.  The only thing that could screw this hire up is if Harvey Perlman gets the gig.

let's face it, it's an excellent promotion from his point of view. As public universities go, that's one of the biggest prizes out there, in spite of their recent history of scandals. It's a good gig if you can stay out of trouble with their alums. 

Presidents are fund raisers now, first and foremost. NU will find another first rate person for the job. 

47 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Ted was very sports first, which was nice for fans. Feel like admin want that AAU status back, so that could affect things. Most likely an academics first type.

Those things aren't mutually exclusive, as the rest of the conference proves. Just need to make sure athletics remains a priority. Carter may have been the best we could hope for.

I am at the same time shocked by this and perplexed why anyone cares.

NU fans have an unhealthy obsession with thinking administration is that important. We only know about it and try to blame it when we’re losing. Administration is just not as important as we make it out to be. Good coaches and good players trump all.

Anyways… what are Roburt Sallie and Keyontae Johnson up to?

13 hours ago, tcp said:

let's face it, it's an excellent promotion from his point of view. As public universities go, that's one of the biggest prizes out there, in spite of their recent history of scandals. It's a good gig if you can stay out of trouble with their alums. 

Presidents are fund raisers now, first and foremost. NU will find another first rate person for the job. 

The problem with that is that we just hired a chancellor at UNL with not a lot of athletics background.

12 hours ago, basketballjones said:

I am at the same time shocked by this and perplexed why anyone cares.

NU fans have an unhealthy obsession with thinking administration is that important. We only know about it and try to blame it when we’re losing. Administration is just not as important as we make it out to be. Good coaches and good players trump all.

Anyways… what are Roburt Sallie and Keyontae Johnson up to?

The administration sets priorities and funding. They have strong influence in who takes power. And over the last few decades there's been talks on how the culture within hasn't been aligned with each others incentives.

All that said, as you've noted it's the coaches and players who execute. But if rumors have been true about the culture, it can be one of many reasons why we've continued to fall flat.

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

The administration sets priorities and funding. They have strong influence in who takes power. And over the last few decades there's been talks on how the culture within hasn't been aligned with each others incentives.

All that said, as you've noted it's the coaches and players who execute. But if rumors have been true about the culture, it can be one of many reasons why we've continued to fall flat.

IDK man... this reminds me of all the people who thought Thou Who Shall Not Be Named was such an negative, dark, incompetent influence on the MBB and the actual reason we are bad.