Kennedi Williams

Merlin

Good for Kennedi!  She looked good in the Class A title game back in March.

Someone told me a few months ago that Kennedi W is on the same club team as Britt Prince. Could Kennedi prove to be NU’s most useful recruiting tool in convincing Britt to come to Lincoln to play BB?? Fingers crossed…🤞

Saw her play a couple of times. She's plays kind of like Weidner. Quick and aggressive guard.... a scrambler. High BBall IQ...coaches daughter mentality.

Hope she will grown some more....maybe 5-3 or so last time I saw anything on her.

They'll explain the scholarship deal. Could be a little different because of being the BBall coaches daughter.   The articles I've seen so far, don't say she's on a scholarship.      Also, Kennadi is a real good softball player. A short stop.

Didn't she have a knee injury ?..maybe missed the fall softball season...or am I thinking of someone else

Edited by redsteve

We will have numerous roster spots available in two years.  Many people on this forum want a full roster.  To get that we need players who will fill a role and stick around.  She seems to be that type.  We have had shorter players like her in the past that have fit in as well such as Emily Wood.  Look at the 5 ft. 4" guard that gave us fits last night.  

Edited by HUD
added verbage

13 hours ago, HUD said:

We will have numerous roster spots available in two years.  Many people on this forum want a full roster.  To get that we need players who will fill a role and stick around.  She seems to be that type.  We have had shorter players like her in the past that have fit in as well such as Emily Wood.  Look at the 5 ft. 4" guard that gave us fits last night.  

Players like Emily Wood and Whitney Brown, are good additions to a team.  Both were walk-ons.  Teams need role players.  Not sure you give up a 4 year, full ride, to a role player.  Preferred Walk On might be a path we better utilize. And, the portal has changed the game.  Short term, special needs can be met with a transfer.  On the flip side, the transfer portal goes both ways.  NIL also plays a part. Managing a competitive roster appears to get more complicated by the day.  Like game management and X's and O's, some staffs will do it better than others.  Here's hoping, we'll be one of the better ones.

She might be a "preferred" walk on .....like in football?  Pretty sure they do.  Given a spot, but no scholarship $$. If she get 50% off for tuition anyway, school cost's is not a financial burden to the Wiliams family.

Not overly concerned with her height. Weidner, and Jazz, are 5-9.  We've been burned by shorter players in the past. So I'll take her aggressiveness and floor presence. Steals, assists, ball handling skills, etc etc.  Would have a role to play for sure.

Edited by redsteve

2 hours ago, 12dozen said:

Players like Emily Wood and Whitney Brown, are good additions to a team.  Both were walk-ons.  Teams need role players.  Not sure you give up a 4 year, full ride, to a role player.  Preferred Walk On might be a path we better utilize. And, the portal has changed the game.  Short term, special needs can be met with a transfer.  On the flip side, the transfer portal goes both ways.  NIL also plays a part. Managing a competitive roster appears to get more complicated by the day.  Like game management and X's and O's, some staffs will do it better than others.  Here's hoping, we'll be one of the better ones.

If my memory serves me right after Emily's first year at Nebraska as a walk on Connie Yori put her on scholarship.  She wasn't the fastest player but had other great attributes like hustle, hard work, BB smarts, 3 pt shooting and above all leadership.  A real crowd favorite.

On 12/12/2022 at 4:28 PM, All About the Corn said:

So I know Amy's salary is pretty nice would think if needed they could pay the balance. Also if she has a softball scholarship and she plays both would it not count against softball? Much like Maggie with volleyball and basketball.

Maggie Mendelson is on basketball scholarship

• 1 year later...

Don't Sleep on Kennadi! :Hooray:

https://journalstar.com/sports/high-school/basketball/boys/out-of-the-doghouse-pius-x-nips-southwest-on-andersons-game-winner-in-the-final/article_a0c0c4bc-9ebb-11ee-add0-e31458e744b9.html

Lincoln Southwest girls 40, Lincoln Pius X 32: Kennadi Williams had 16 points and Brenly Noerrlinger and Hayden Rathe added eight apiece as the Silver Hawks overcame a slim deficit heading into the fourth quarter to knock off Pius X.
Southwest trailed the Bolts 28-26 after the third quarter, but Williams caught fire, scoring 10 points and going 5 for 6 from the free-throw line to put the Silver Hawks ahead. The Southwest defense, meanwhile, held Pius to just four fourth-quarter points.
:Hair Fire:

• 2 weeks later...

I think she will help us next year.  There is a place for shorter guards that have a full range of skills and the desire to excel.  Look at 5-2 Soph Ronnie Porter from Wisconsin.  She hurt us with 10 pts, 9 rebounds and 7 assists in our game with them earlier this season.  Kennadi may be a bit taller and is a better 3 point shooter.  Staying healthy will be a key.