AW-III IS BACK FOR HIS SENIOR SEASON (SOMEWHERE)

Ok I lied. I went ahead and listened to the podcast. Those guys ruined it for me at the very end of the podcast when they were asking everyone to ponder Andrew White being gone. And then one of them said something about 38 to 36 games. What???

Well, Gary Sharp basically said that in jest, basically due to his comparison to UNO having 80 in a half (in a game they lost in the CBI). Sharp does radio for UNO basketball, FWIW. And he's a bit snarky...

If he leaves, he leaves good on him for gettin that money. We still have ride or die huskers like Tai, Gill, Fuller, and we have plenty of young blood like Watson, Morrow, McVeigh, Jacobsen, Roby n Horne, the sun will rise on husker basketball regardless. And I see no problem going to Europe anymore the pay is pretty good in most places,and you can get scouted from anywhere if you're talent matches up. If he leaves it's jus means one more space for another kid who wants to come and change his fortunes at good ole NU, like TP5, and AW3 have

If AW3 didn't put his name in the draft, go through the workouts and combine or whatever he goes through and didn't give his full effort and energy into making it onto an NBA roster, something that's been a life long goal, to play at the highest level of his sport, I'd be really disappointed. Of course he's going to give it his full attention and energy. It'd just be a waste of everyone's time if that wasn't his goal. He's got a pretty dang good scenario to come back to if he's not quite there.

My source is/was more than a radio show. I'd love to lose guys to the NBA if they were NBA ready guys. I will still go to all the games.... If he does leave for Europe, questions need and should be addressed...

And I'm saying your source is wrong.

Smoke or no smoke? The offseason can get pretty hazy.

My source is/was more than a radio show. I'd love to lose guys to the NBA if they were NBA ready guys. I will still go to all the games.... If he does leave for Europe, questions need and should be addressed...

And I'm saying your source is wrong.
Usually crazy has the info I like to hear. We will see what happens a month from now. By that time we should have 2 commits as well..

Ok I lied. I went ahead and listened to the podcast. Those guys ruined it for me at the very end of the podcast when they were asking everyone to ponder Andrew White being gone. And then one of them said something about 38 to 36 games. What???

If Sipple wasn't one of them I would have said it was just Jaysker blowing smoke. But with Sipple adding a couple of things it made me have pause.

I hope that AWIII won't do that to the program, but...

If he leaves now, in May I don't think we can come back from that. No way we can get 4 players for next year this late.

Sharp is no Jaysker. He's a Nebraska alum and big time, big time Husker homer.

If Sipple wasn't one of them I would have said it was just Jaysker blowing smoke. But with Sipple adding a couple of things it made me have pause.

If he leaves now, in May I don't think we can come back from that. No way we can get 4 players for next year this late.

Anybody who is cordial about the Huskers is a Husker Homer to you Tom. 

I know but what I was saying is that it was an Omaha station wasn't it, I didn't even look. :huh:

Here's another favorite early Prince song of mine:

Sound quality isn't the best, but it's what I got to work with.

Did you hear that Prince didn't have a will?  There will be some major fighting over that $300 mil!

Actually ... he does have a will.  In fact, I just found it in my ... sock drawer. 

He apparently wanted me to hang on to it for safe keeping.

It says he's leaving his entire estate to ... the guy who posts on Husker Hoops Central Website as Norm Peterson.

Hey, that's ME!!!

Did you hear that Prince didn't have a will?  There will be some major fighting over that $300 mil!

Big payday coming for the lawyers.  Everyone else loses.

Actually ... he does have a will.  In fact, I just found it in my ... sock drawer. 

It says he's leaving his entire estate to ... the guy who posts on Husker Hoops Central Website as Norm Peterson.

Hey, that's ME!!!

Yes but did he leave his publishing rights to you also?

Hey, that's ME!!!

Yes but did he leave his publishing rights to you also?

Everything.  I get all of it.  I might give you the rights to "Why you wanna treat me so bad?" if you want them. 

Yes, I said it.

1. I don't think Andrew is getting drafted, but I think he might make the decision to leave.

2. I have a source who told me their is more smoke to Andrew possibly leaving than what meets the eye.

Andrew would be the cherry on top of all the reasons people bring up with the coaches leaving etc.

So yes, if a guy leaves who in everyone's eyes isn't ready for the NBA I will few that our administration take a closer look at the head coach.

So Andrew White's decision to either play pro ball somewhere or come back here for another year, degree in hand, is primarily a reflection on the coaching staff?  That's certainly one view.

In regards to Andrew White insisting on going pro despite what scouts are telling him, why does he need to buy into what they're telling him?  You've made an inference that White leaving is an indication of problems with the staff and almost everyone disagrees with you.  So you're right in the face of disagreeing opinion but White isn't? 

Finally, if he does think he's going to get drafted and doesn't pull out of the draft, he can't come back regardless of whether or not he gets drafted.  If he ends up playing in Europe because he overestimated his NBA value he won't be the first nor the last player to do so.

Yes, I said it.

1. I don't think Andrew is getting drafted, but I think he might make the decision to leave.

2. I have a source who told me their is more smoke to Andrew possibly leaving than what meets the eye.

Andrew would be the cherry on top of all the reasons people bring up with the coaches leaving etc.

So yes, if a guy leaves who in everyone's eyes isn't ready for the NBA I will few that our administration take a closer look at the head coach.

So Andrew White's decision to either play pro ball somewhere or come back here for another year, degree in hand, is primarily a reflection on the coaching staff?  That's certainly one view.

In regards to Andrew White insisting on going pro despite what scouts are telling him, why does he need to buy into what they're telling him?  You've made an inference that White leaving is an indication of problems with the staff and almost everyone disagrees with you.  So you're right in the face of disagreeing opinion but White isn't? 

Yeah, if White decides to go pro it's going to be because that's what is best for him and his basketball career.  I don't think you can blame Miles for that.  But, if he does leave we are in the position of having to find 4 players to fill out the roster and likely facing another under .500 ball season which you can blame Miles for.  With that said, I think White is coming back and if so I think we have a chance to have a solid team if we can find some help down low. 

All the sports media everywhere dislikes your favorite team.

So just a bunch of radio guys speculating?

Pretty much though under the very real premise that Andrew White could keep his name in for the draft. I disagree with Sip's premise that he needs to work on being more well-rounded in his ball handling/drive game because he's not going to be asked to do so in the NBA.. In addition to just his overall quickness, I think he needs to work more on his range, release, and confidence in his shot...why isn't him taking a 24-25 foot shot not part of his strategy against people crowding him at the line?

Yes, I said it.

So Andrew White's decision to either play pro ball somewhere or come back here for another year, degree in hand, is primarily a reflection on the coaching staff? That's certainly one view.

In regards to Andrew White insisting on going pro despite what scouts are telling him, why does he need to buy into what they're telling him? You've made an inference that White leaving is an indication of problems with the staff and almost everyone disagrees with you. So you're right in the face of disagreeing opinion but White isn't?

Finally, if he does think he's going to get drafted and doesn't pull out of the draft, he can't come back regardless of whether or not he gets drafted. If he ends up playing in Europe because he overestimated his NBA value he won't be the first nor the last player to do so.

This leads me to ask how accurate and realistic are the evaluations these players get? Would hate to see any player (especially if that player is AW3) be mislead about there chances of being drafted.