2024 Pre-Season

17 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

If Nick Janowski doesn’t see the court, wow. Absolute beast mentality. Relentless. High energy. Elite shooting ability. 

This is going to be my favorite thing to follow this year. I've said he's going to be hard to keep out of the rotation, and if he works as hard as Brice mentioned and you say, I have a tendency to agree. Getting him up to speed with PG skills in this league will help him see the court. Ulis and Connor both will have him breathing down their necks for PT

14 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Rollie is sneaky athletic.  Wouldn’t compare him to Sam G. Sam had a lot of length and long strides, I’d think Rollie will be more than OK in conference play defensively. 

I think Lance Jeter might be a decent comparison.  Probably a little better passer but definitely a similar bully build getting to the rim.  

On 7/2/2024 at 4:36 PM, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Early notes:

Rollie has established himself, along with Juwan, as a vocal leader. That isnt surprising.

Showed better than average ability to defend on the perimeter.

Taller than expected. Appears 6’5” Not much difference between Rollie and Brice height wise. 

Meah is head and shoulders taller than anybody else. Dunking any and everything around the rim.

Fluid for his size.

Morgan may be the sleeper of the offseason. Showing some nice post moves, pretty mobile as well.

If Nick Janowski doesn’t see the court, wow. Absolute beast mentality. Relentless. High energy. Elite shooting ability. 

Connor is an elite shooter. 

Gavin can be special, shows flashes at times but also still needs some seasoning. 

People probably have overlooked the role of Cale. Brings experience and could be called on for his versatility and defensive fouls. Heady player. 

That is all for now. Everyone have a great 4th of July!!! 

Came here to say HECK YEAH! And, to all, a Happy Independence Day!

On 6/30/2024 at 9:43 AM, millerhusker said:

If everyone was healthy and available, who wins a round robin with these three groups?

PG – Rollie Worster

G – Sam Hoiberg

W – Braden Frager

F – Juwan Gary

C – Andrew Morgan

PG – Ahron Ulis 

G – Nick Janowski

W – Gavin Griffiths

F – Justin Bolis

C – Rienk Mast

G – Cale Jacobson

SG – Connor Essegian

W – Brice Williams

F – Berke Buyuktuncel

C – Braxton Meah

The Fact you can Draw Up THREE Squads like that speaks for itself, & one of them isn’t called the “Bench Mob” (God Bless Them) 

6 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

The Fact you can Draw Up THREE Squads like that speaks for itself, & one of them isn’t called the “Bench Mob” (God Bless Them) 

The very funny thing about that is Jack McVeigh might end up being the most successful pro from that roster.

On 7/10/2024 at 6:21 PM, 49r said:

By the way, this was meant as the ultimate compliment.  Craft was the consummate college basketball player and as much as I hated playing against him I also was very jealous he wasn't on our team.

He’s Jimmy Chitwood 

20 hours ago, 49r said:

Don't know where the best place to put this is and I didn't want to start a new thread but it appears that PBA is going to move up one spot in the arena capacity standings this off-season:

Lead to another interesting board post.  As of last month Gonzaga was still trying to figure ticket prices but gave their fans warning of what was to come. https://www.guboards.com/forum/bob-zag-s-house-the-home-of-gonzaga-basketball-talk/bz-s-field-house/2260451-a-warning-shot-across-the-bow

3 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Lead to another interesting board post.  As of last month Gonzaga was still trying to figure ticket prices but gave their fans warning of what was to come. https://www.guboards.com/forum/bob-zag-s-house-the-home-of-gonzaga-basketball-talk/bz-s-field-house/2260451-a-warning-shot-across-the-bow

Eventually, disposable income will run out for people to continue to support the “benefits” due athletes whether they generate revenue or not.  The college scholarship should mean something to the recipient but in the era of student loan forgiveness, apparently not.