2024-25 Husker opponents

25 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Absolutely horrible home schedule.  It's going to be extremely difficult to get fans to want to come out and watch any of these games.  Expect a terrible home atmosphere.  Please talk quietly with the people you sit by otherwise they will hear you on the other side of the arena.

I’m already excited and will go to every single one of them. The big 10 season will be more than packed with great home games.

35 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

I’m already excited and will go to every single one of them. The big 10 season will be more than packed with great home games.

I will go to every game as well but there won't be a big crowd or much excitement for these games.  You couldn't get a worse home schedule.  No room for error with how bad this schedule is. 

38 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Lets just say there are completely “sane” takes in this thread.

But a lot of the basketball accounts echo our thoughts.  Almost have to go 11-1.

That is accurate that you put your in a position that the only acceptable loss would be to CU.  Any other loss (other than maybe St. Mary's most likely will be a Q3 or Q4 loss.  And with how bad our non-conference schedule is, you can't have any bad losses if you want to make the tournament.

15 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

I will go to every game as well but there won't be a big crowd or much excitement for these games.  You couldn't get a worse home schedule.  No room for error with how bad this schedule is. 

I think you're forgetting the part about where this is Nebraska and these are the Huskers coming off a 23 win season, third place B1G finish and an 8 seed in the dance.  There will be plenty of hype and fans coming out to watch the boys.

9 minutes ago, 49r said:

I think you're forgetting the part about where this is Nebraska and these are the Huskers coming off a 23 win season, third place B1G finish and an 8 seed in the dance.  There will be plenty of hype and fans coming out to watch the boys.

All true, but not giving the fans even one halfway-decent home game is kind of a slap in the face. There isn't even a respectable mid-major coming to PBA in the non-con. 

1 hour ago, HuscurAdam said:

All true, but not giving the fans even one halfway-decent home game is kind of a slap in the face. There isn't even a respectable mid-major coming to PBA in the non-con. 

True...but then the league season hits...and there are zero gimmes at that point.

16 hours ago, kldm64 said:

That is accurate that you put your in a position that the only acceptable loss would be to CU.  Any other loss (other than maybe St. Mary's most likely will be a Q3 or Q4 loss.  And with how bad our non-conference schedule is, you can't have any bad losses if you want to make the tournament.

Some of the teams in Hawaii would have been Q2 last and I expect that to be true again. The total non con should be higher rated than last year. It will come down to how strong is the big 10 and how we do in conference. 

I do agree we can’t afford any Q4 losses if we go this route. It would also be nice to have P5 home game but it’s not a huge deal in my book, I want wins.

I don't have a problem with the schedule. I think Fred sees this as a bubble team, and overscheduling would risk the chance of finishing 15-16 or something like that. That would be an absolute killer in his 6th season.

Much better to finish 19-13 with some easy wins, even if it means the NIT, and continue to build a base for future success. I think the coach knows best what this team is capable of.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Rothstein predicted last July that Nebrasketball would finish 13th out of 14 Big Ten teams. 

Instead, Nebrasketball finished 3rd out of 14 -- behind only Purdue and Illinois.  Now, THAT miss from reality is an epitome of brutality for a self-proclaimed expert on college basketball.  

This season's Rothstein prognostication of Nebraskteball at 14 out of 18 is a slight improvement: moving up from 7.14% away from the bottom last preseason to 22.22% away from the bottom this preseason. 

11 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Rothstein predicted last July that Nebrasketball would finish 13th out of 14 Big Ten teams. 

Instead, Nebrasketball finished 3rd out of 14 -- behind only Purdue and Illinois.  Now, THAT miss from reality is an epitome of brutality for a self-proclaimed expert on college basketball.  

This season's Rothstein prognostication of Nebraskteball at 14 out of 18 is a slight improvement: moving up from 7.14% away from the bottom last preseason to 22.22% away from the bottom this preseason. 

Rothstein is a person who does not take heart, hard work, or skill into account for his projections. With him it is all about hype.

• 4 weeks later...