Games Of Note/Bubble Watch 2024

Low key nice result in the Indiana at Maryland game. Indiana wins.

That means Michigan should be the only potential Q3 land mine in the B1G tourney. Anyone else who beats us should finish in the top 100, which is huge.

This also means our Maryland L may drop out of Q1. It’s debatable as to whether that’s good for our resume, but it does help K-State and Minnesota’s rankings. There’s no debate that we’d rather have those two in the top 75 over Maryland.

Results (3/3/24): I really do not like that the American and Mo Valley now appear to be two bid leagues should those four teams make it to the conference finals.  It's a bad recipe for teams that will be on the bubble.  However, the bubble appears to be pretty weak at the moment.  No one is really making a move and I believe there is still quite a bit of separation between the last four in and the last four byes & 8-9 seeds.

• Big 10 Games
    • Indiana 83 @ Maryland 78
    • Michigan 61 @ Ohio State 84
    • Rutgers 56 @ Nebraska 67
  • Non-Con Opponents Games
    • Rider 65 @ Canisius 61
  • Other Bubble Games
    • Seton Hall 61 @ UCONN 91
    • Bradley 66 @ Drake 74
    • Murry St 77 @ Indiana St 89
    • UAB 87 @ Memphis 106

Games To Watch (3/4/24): Conference tournament season officially starts tomorrow!  We've got one game left before we reach that point.  In the strongest position we've been since No Sit Sunday.  Tomorrow is pretty light.

• Big 10 Games
    • None
    • SC St @ Coppin St
    • Florida A&M @ Southern
  • Other Bubble/Seeding Games
    • Duke @ NC ST
    • Texas @ Baylor

21 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Results (3/3/24): I really do not like that the American and Mo Valley now appear to be two bid leagues should those four teams make it to the conference finals.  It's a bad recipe for teams that will be on the bubble.  However, the bubble appears to be pretty weak at the moment.  No one is really making a move and I believe there is still quite a bit of separation between the last four in and the last four byes & 8-9 seeds.

• Big 10 Games
    • Indiana 83 @ Maryland 78
    • Michigan 61 @ Ohio State 84
    • Rutgers 56 @ Nebraska 67
    • Rider 65 @ Canisius 61
  • Other Bubble Games
    • Seton Hall 61 @ UCONN 91
    • Bradley 66 @ Drake 74
    • Murry St 77 @ Indiana St 89
    • UAB 87 @ Memphis 106

Games To Watch (3/4/24): Conference tournament season officially starts tomorrow!  We've got one game left before we reach that point.  In the strongest position we've been since No Sit Sunday.  Tomorrow is pretty light.

• Big 10 Games
    • None
    • SC St @ Coppin St
    • Florida A&M @ Southern
    • Duke @ NC ST
    • Texas @ Baylor

Most guys I follow think the MVC is a 1 bid conference

6 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I can't wait until the day we can sit here with a 17-12 (9-9) record and 8th in the Big Ten and still have full confidence that we're solidly in the NCAA tournament. Sure would be nice.

I was thinking the exact same thing in the past few weeks. Izzo name carries a lot of weight. But not getting housed also carries a lot with the metrics, too. Nebrasketball needs to stop getting trounced on the road. At least NU has that home thing down pat at 18-1. Yo!

Results (3/4/24): SC St… yes THAT SC St has won 7/8 and sits in a tie for 2nd at 9-4 in the MEAC.  There only loss in that stretch was to the #1 team Norfolk St on the road by 4 in OT.

• Big 10 Games
    • None
    • SC St 61 @ Coppin St 58
    • Florida A&M 44 @ Southern 58
    • Duke 79 @ NC ST 64
    • Texas 85 @ Baylor 93

Games To Watch (3/5/24): Game of the year in Big 10 conference is probably this one… on Peacock……. Smh.  Sneaky good night of ball on tap tonight.  KState looking to go 2-0 vs KU this year, lots of bubbly action.  Quite a few teams face “can’t lose but can’t help themselves” games tonight.  Will we see some upsets?

• Big 10 Games
    • Purdue @ Illinois
    • Duquesne @ VCU
    • KState @ KU
    • Tulane @ South Florida
    • Syracuse @ Clemson
    • Providence @ GTown
    • Ole Miss @ Georgia
    • Cincinnati @ Oklahoma 
    • Georgia Tech @ Wake Forest
    • Florida St @ Pitt
    • St Johns @ DePaul
    • Nevada @ Boise St

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Results (3/4/24): SC St… yes THAT SC St has won 7/8 and sits in a tie for 2nd at 9-4 in the MEAC.  There only loss in that stretch was to the #1 team Norfolk St on the road by 4 in OT.

• Big 10 Games
    • None
    • SC St 61 @ Coppin St 58
    • Florida A&M 44 @ Southern 58
    • Duke 79 @ NC ST 64
    • Texas 85 @ Baylor 93

Games To Watch (3/5/24): Game of the year in Big 10 conference is probably this one… on Peacock……. Smh.  Sneaky good night of ball on tap tonight.  KState looking to go 2-0 vs KU this year, lots of bubbly action.  Quite a few teams face “can’t lose but can’t help themselves” games tonight.  Will we see some upsets?

• Big 10 Games
    • Purdue @ Illinois
    • Duquesne @ VCU
    • KState @ KU
    • Tulane @ South Florida
    • Syracuse @ Clemson
    • Providence @ GTown
    • Ole Miss @ Georgia
    • Cincinnati @ Oklahoma 
    • Georgia Tech @ Wake Forest
    • Florida St @ Pitt
    • St Johns @ DePaul
    • Nevada @ Boise St

Would be helpful if Kansas State lost by less than 11.5 for their metrics

3 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

GA Tech 70-69 at Wake Forest.

And, KU trounced K-St. 81-53 at the Phog. Whoa.

KSU game wasn’t over yet. Ended up losing 90-68. Better than 81-53 for efficiency metrics.

We’ll see how far they drop. They’ll probably need to beat ISU at home this weekend and at least have a good showing in their Big XII tourney game to finish Q1. I don’t like their chances.

1 minute ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

KSU game wasn’t over yet. Ended up losing 90-68. Better than 81-53 for efficiency metrics.

We’ll see how far they drop. They’ll probably need to beat ISU at home this weekend and at least have a good showing in their Big XII tourney game to finish Q1. I don’t like their chances.

Thanks for the clarification, I just quickly looked up the scores because I had hoped K-St. didn't get housed. Oh well. Maybe they can be conference tournament upset-minded in the Big 12. Let's hope so... NU needs that one to be Q1!!

Results (3/5/24): UNLV shocked San Diego St and Nevada won at Boise.  What to make of the Mountain West.  They probably get 6 bids, but it wouldn’t surprise me if only 1 makes the 2nd weekend.  Duquesne has really turned it on and that was a solid road win last night.  Looking good heading into conference tournament.

• Big 10 Games
    • Purdue 77 @ Illinois 71
    • Duquesne 69 @ VCU 59
    • KState 68 @ KU 90
    • Tulane 72 @ South Florida 85
    • Syracuse 75 @ Clemson 90
    • Providence 71 @ GTown 58
    • Ole Miss 66 @ Georgia 69
    • Cincinnati 71 @ Oklahoma 74
    • Georgia Tech 70 @ Wake Forest 69
    • Florida St 73 @ Pitt 88
    • St Johns 104 @ DePaul 77
    • Nevada 76 @ Boise St 66

Games To Watch (3/6/24): A few double bubbles.  Interesting one in the Big 10.  Should MSU win, that’s our ticket to a possible 3rd place finish.  

• Big 10 Games
    • Northwestern @ Michigan St
    • Indiana @ Minnesota
    • NONE
    • Villanova @ Seton Hall
    • TCU @ West Virginia
    • FAU @ North Texas
    • Miss St @ Texas A&M
    • Fresno St @ New Mexico 

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

UNLV shocked San Diego St and Nevada won at Boise

Lon Kruger's kid has won 10 out his last 11 games.  They currently have 5 quad 1 wins and an upcoming road game against Nevada.  They have an Iowa type road to potentially crash the party but it seems like Kevin Kruger is an up and coming coach. 

11 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Lon Kruger's kid has won 10 out his last 11 games.  They currently have 5 quad 1 wins and an upcoming road game against Nevada.  They have an Iowa type road to potentially crash the party but it seems like Kevin Kruger is an up and coming coach. 

Kinda straying off topic, but I've been thinking that the next coach's kid likely to become a successful head coach himself is ...

Sam Hoiberg.

Whatever "it" is, Sam seems to have a lot of it. He really understands the game, has a high hoops IQ (same thing), and a lot of charisma. He's learning a lot from his dad. When he runs out of eligibility, I would not be the least bit surprised to see him get a graduate assistant job somewhere good. Maybe even here.