Coaching Carousel 2024

3 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Wait you mean you can get in trouble for doing 2022-2023?😮

That was my best coaching technique when coaching my own boys!  Who knew?🤔

Juwan Howard has always been a blow-hard..... he scuffled against Greg Gard one of those years, too, something "personal" happened, you know, when it clearly was game-related sportsmanship, like Gard put his hand on Howard's shoulder. Sheesh, Juwan is a ginormous d-bag. Maybe he can go pound sand, now. lol

GameDay just had a segment on this topic. I was somewhat surprised that Hoiberg's name wasn't mentioned for any openings.  Otzelbeger and Moser were each brought up.

I don't think Fred would leave this year since Sam has one more year, but I am surprised he isn't a hot, or at least warm, name. 

I am pleased by this lack of developments. 👏

36 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

I believe Fred is at NU for the duration.  He made that clear in post game comments last night.  Has Miles done enough for the Stanford job?  Otzelberger is an Iowa St guy.  

At San Jose State? Not at all. But if they considered hiring him, it's more for what he's done at larger programs, not what he's done at San Jose State.

Any other year I'd say "Why not? Stanford deprioritizes its athletics. So he might have a shot." But this year? When they're making a change to the ACC? I don't have a clue how that administration is going to view that change.

4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

At San Jose State? Not at all. But if they considered hiring him, it's more for what he's done at larger programs, not what he's done at San Jose State.

Any other year I'd say "Why not? Stanford deprioritizes its athletics. So he might have a shot." But this year? When they're making a change to the ACC? I don't have a clue how that administration is going to view that change.

Doesn’t Stanford usually win the Director’s Cup?

10 hours ago, BugeaterZ said:

GameDay just had a segment on this topic. I was somewhat surprised that Hoiberg's name wasn't mentioned for any openings.  Otzelbeger and Moser were each brought up.

I don't think Fred would leave this year since Sam has one more year, but I am surprised he isn't a hot, or at least warm, name. 

I am pleased by this lack of developments. 👏

Sam should have 2 more I believe!

1 hour ago, Chuck Taylor said:

The track record on hiring successful interim coaches isn't great. Good news for us!

I would agree - for a school with OSU's resources, this feels like settling. Just figured they could get about anyone with their resources.

He did do a helluva job over 6-8 games, but running a program is a whole different monster.

Kinda weird that a new AD and new President are OK making an emotional decision and rubber stamping a guy who's already on staff -- and was part of the failures through the first 3/4 of the season -- for their first major sport fire/hire.

Two recent interim coaches come to mind:

--Wichita State, where Gregg Marshall's assistant was fired after 3 years.

--Texas, where Chris Beard's replacement has the Horns as an 8 seed. I'm guessing that's not going to cut it with their fans. 

I'm sure there are examples where it's worked, but I can't remember any recent. I'll use the frequent excuse of "I'm too lazy to look it up."

On 3/16/2024 at 1:28 AM, AuroranHusker said:

Juwan Howard has always been a blow-hard..... he scuffled against Greg Gard one of those years, too, something "personal" happened, you know, when it clearly was game-related sportsmanship, like Gard put his hand on Howard's shoulder. Sheesh, Juwan is a ginormous d-bag. Maybe he can go pound sand, now. lol

His little cry baby persona would be perfect for the NBA

9 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

His little cry baby persona would be perfect for the NBA

He was an assistant coach in the NBA (I believe) before being hired by Michigan.  I would guess he will head back that direction, depending on his health.