Rienk Mast

kldm64

Head coach Fred Hoiberg confirmed that junior forward Rienk Mast underwent minor clean-up surgery on his left knee on Monday. Mast’s recovery timeframe is to be determined, but Hoiberg expects him to rejoin the lineup by early January.

At a minimum, the 6-foot-10, 248-pounder will miss tonight’s game vs. North Dakota and Friday night’s non-conference finale vs. South Carolina State. His availability beyond that will be day-to-day.

1 minute ago, dskurz said:

I'm sure it's buried in here & I'm sorry admit I don't spend much time on message boards anymore, but what's the deal with Blaise Keta?  They trying to get a redshirt year out of him?  He can't still be injured unless I missed something, which is very possible.

still trying to work back from the lingering ankle injury, heard he's getting some individual work in but still hasnt been doing any team related activities, by the time he's ready it would be probably too deep into the season where we would just redshirt him unless of course someone else gets injured (please for the love of God nobody else get injured)

• hhcmatt changed the title to Rienk Mast
24 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Was browsing a Hoosier board yesterday and they seem to think Mast is out.  Someone said simething like “with their big guy Mast being ruled out…”

Has he been confirmed out?

Certainly not officially. Recovery from lose body removal is 2-4 weeks and we're at 2 weeks and 1 day. Could be back tomorrow or heck even miss the next four.  We'll know by about 5 pm tomorrow either way. With all the black eyed peas consumed by board members yesterday I'm feeling optimistic.