Forecasting 2023-24 lineup

Norm Peterson

57 minutes ago, throwback said:

Judging from this video, we should shoot about 92% from the floor this season. I don't think it matters who starts at that point.

Nebraska is synonymous with the Masters. the football team is no good an Nebrasketball is looking elite in hype videos. A tradition unlike any other. but still....INJECT IT IN MY VEINS!!!!!

29 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I stopped reading at slide 2 when it didn't have Tominaga as a starter only a "potential" starter.

If Tominaga is not a Starter day 1 consider me the conductor of the "We need a new coach" train. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, millerhusker said:

Reading the tea leaves, it sure sounds like Jamarques is our point guard. If so, I’m all for it. I want the ball in his hands a lot, and I want him and Keisei on the floor at the same time a lot. I’m also ok with Boogie as a veteran coming off the bench. 

I think they're running JL at PG but they started that before we signed Boogie because we need the depth.  However I think that Boogie is the one starting (at least to begin the season).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Art Vandalay said:

Still think Boogie might start but if JL takes it from him that would be a very nice revelation 

From people who have attended practices (not me), doesn’t sound like he is one of our 5 or 6 best players. And that’s not an indictment on him. It’s a good thing imo.

38 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

From people who have attended practices (not me), doesn’t sound like he is one of our 5 or 6 best players. And that’s not an indictment on him. It’s a good thing imo.

Don’t doubt that for a minute. Just think he is really the only one with experience at the point. JL didn’t look comfortable last year handling it IMO. Hopefully he made a big jump in that area.

A takeaway for me in the Boogie-JL conversation is that RL doesn't seem to currently be in it for PG. Seems like Lloyd is at the end or out of the rotation to start the season and much like JL last year he'll just need to make the most of opportunities as they present themselves.

Rotation, a guess

Guards

1. Coleman/Lawrence (Lloyd/Jacobsen)

2. Keisei (Coleman/Brice/Lawrence/Wilcher/Lloyd/Hoiberg)

3. Brice/Wilcher (Rice/Lloyd)

F/C

4. Gary/Allick (Wilcher/Brice/Rice)

5. Mast  (Allick/Keita/Diop)

Listing guys by positions I think they play by default

BOLD indicates guys I think are in the rotation to start the season

Guys in (parentheses) are the backups

• I have Keita listed as in the rotation and a backup because I think he's in the rotation when healthy and I'm not sure when he'll be healthy enough to be in the rotation
  • We have 3 post players for roughly two spots with Keita and Diop being question marks.  That tells me we don't have the luxury of rolling out Mast, Allick and Gary at the same time
  • The limiting factors of our guards I see in the rotation are that only 2 guys can likely play PG and Keisei can only be a SG. I think another limiting factor is that you don't want to play Keisei and Wilcher together much for defensive purposes. 
  • With the size and rebounding ability of some of our big guards I expect to see some 4 guard lineups