Hot Seat

GoBigRed

15 minutes ago, busticket said:

Jaron Boone.  And it isn’t even close.

That’s not a defense of Bryce’s defense at all.  Boone was epically atrocious to the level you knew the Conference player of the week was the guy Jaron was guarding.  

Bryce is merely terrible.  I want to say he is young and will get better, but he looks like he played way too much AAU ball.

True story: back in 1996 I had the great misfortune to find myself at Lloyd Noble in Norman when NU was in town. (No, I did not waste my time following the team to Oklahoma, rather I was on my way home from a delightful visit with friends in N. Orleans) On the night before the game I found myself in the hotel elevator with former assistant Jai Steadman (great guy) and three other Huskers, including the aforementioned J. Boone. Rather than getting a good night's rest, this spoiled imbecile asked if I would buy him and "the fellas" beer!

I responded by asking him if he was "fucking nuts". Turns out he was....

20 minutes ago, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

Well, Bryce McGowens likely will not be at NU next season, nor will his brother, whom I do like a lot. Before the season that would have bothered me (Bryce not returning). Now? Who cares?

Furthermore when looking at the roster for next season they will lose Verge, Jr., probably Walker, Webster (who at least plays with some fire), Mayen (no production) and Lakes (whose lack of playing time baffles me since he seems to be the only player who can shoot the three...?!) So who does that leave? Tominaga, Wilcher and Andre and Breidenbach if he recovers and wants to play for a shitty team. Wow. The idea that McPherson, Edwards and Kojenets will produce in the Big Ten next year is ridiculous. They don't see one minute of playing time on the worst Power Six team in the land this season. What is Hoiberg doing? Saving them for next season? My question to you faithful fans is as follows: is there a head coach in America who can put a staff together at NU that won't suck ***K by choice- to quote from the great "Deadwood"? 

Screen_Shot_2019_06_03_at_1.54.24_PM.0.jpg

I think two of the three you asked about playing time are red shirting…

I'm 100% off the FH bandwagon. Something I thought I'd never say.

This is the absolute worst Nebraska basketball team that I've ever seen play, and that is saying a lot.

There is no need to pretend anymore that this is ever going to work. The only reason that FH hasn't been fired yet is out of respect. There is zero % chance that he doesn't get fired at the end of the season. 

Edited by Ron Mexico

10 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

I'm 100% off the FH bandwagon. Something I thought I'd never say.

This is the absolute worst Nebraska basketball team that I've ever seen play, and that is saying a lot.

There is no need to pretend anymore that this is ever going to work. The only reason that FH hasn't been fired yet is out of respect. There is zero % chance that he doesn't get fired at the end of the season. 

better hope Trev feels the same way. He may be under the impression that nobody still cares about basketball and that we’ll tolerate this crap for one more year. 

This team is really, really bad. And I would love to hear how next year would be better. Seriously. It would be shocking to have a good season next year. 

1 minute ago, GoBigFred said:

This team is really, really bad. And I would love to hear how next year would be better. Seriously. It would be shocking to have a good season next year. 

I don't see how we aren't doing anything but battling for the celler of the Big Ten again next year. Possibly running away with it for a fourth year in a row.

1 minute ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I don't see how we aren't doing anything but battling for the celler of the Big Ten again next year. Possibly running away with it for a fourth year in a row.

It would be one thing if we were struggling while building up a program. But no, there’s a very real chance we lose 6 of our top 8 scorers from this year’s team. Hence Abdelmassih will go add a handful of misfit transfers and we’ll be right back here next year wondering where it went wrong. 

3 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

It would be one thing if we were struggling while building up a program. But no, there’s a very real chance we lose 6 of our top 8 scorers from this year’s team. Hence Abdelmassih will go add a handful of misfit transfers and we’ll be right back here next year wondering where it went wrong. 

I've said it before, but you give Tim Miles this roster and we are completely different team. He should have never been fired. In typical Nebraska fashion we fired him the same year we finished 4th in BIG and beat instate foe Creighton.

4 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

I've said it before, but you give Tim Miles this roster and we are completely different team. He should have never been fired. In typical Nebraska fashion we fired him the same year we finished 4th in BIG and beat instate foe Creighton.

Come on.  Get over Miles.  The dude had 7 years and had one good year that even he admitted he caught lightning in a bottle.  He hit his ceiling.  He was a salesman that the program needed at the time for the new arena and to draw attention.  His coaches were a revolving door and so were his players before this whole xfer portal.  I liked the guy but he didnt get it done.  He sat out 2 years and is now coaching SJSU.  

8 minutes ago, coughunter said:

Come on.  Get over Miles.  The dude had 7 years and had one good year that even he admitted he caught lightning in a bottle.  He hit his ceiling.  He was a salesman that the program needed at the time for the new arena and to draw attention.  His coaches were a revolving door and so were his players before this whole xfer portal.  I liked the guy but he didnt get it done.  He sat out 2 years and is now coaching SJSU.  

Things have worked out really well for us since he's been gone. 

15 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Finished 13th the year he was fired. 5 of 7 years finish 10th or worse.

But my question is how did Fred win at ISU and 2 of the years were without otzelberger on bench so he may have been a part of it but not the whole reason?

Just now, Ron Mexico said:

Things have worked out really well for us since he's been gone. 

Never said that.  They didnt work out well when he was here and no one thought this is where we'd be with FH.  My point was keeping was pointless as he hit his ceiling and we deserve better.

30 minutes ago, coughunter said:

Never said that.  They didnt work out well when he was here and no one thought this is where we'd be with FH.  My point was keeping was pointless as he hit his ceiling and we deserve better.

You’re making us sound like we’re 40 and single. And sadly, that’s exactly who we are. We can’t figure ourselves out, how can we expect anyone (any coach) to?

Edited by Vinny

1 hour ago, Ron Mexico said:

I thought we fired him after he went 6-14 in the league and left a completely empty cupboard for Hoiberg to deal with.  Had he came back we might well have gone 0-20.  It was an unmitigated disaster since Craig Smith left him.  Smith was obviously the guy doing the coaching.  

44 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Love the double down with the 6th grade LOL.  

Eyeroll. My source was wrong about Matt A. It’s a freakin message board. I’m so sorry. 

Tbh does it even really matter? This team is so unbelievably inept who cares if Matt A cheated or not or is on the bench or not at this point. Hell it seemed like a lot of fans were actually upset an article DIDNT come out so we could can Hoiberg for cause.