Nebraska Recruiting

Bugeaters1

• 3 weeks later...

Divine Bourrage

ESPN HoopGurlz No. 9
6-0
Point guard
Davenport North (IA) | All Iowa Attack

To watch Bourrage play is to watch an excellent display of the transition attack in basketball. When the ball is outlet to her, whether make or miss, she smoothly and quickly advances the ball up the floor with minimal dribbles. There were numerous examples of her getting to the paint after an opponent made basket before 4-5 seconds had come off the shot clock.

Bourrage is an extremely skilled big guard who rebounds the ball skillfully. She is shifty with her handle and uses her body well at the rim and even in post-up situations. She can score the ball from all three levels and since she added the major improvement from the 3-point line this year (it hovered around 15% last year on the 16U level only to improve to 50% this year on the 17U level), she is very hard to guard as a single defender, especially in transition. This opens things up for her to create for teammates as defenses have to commit a couple of bodies to her to slow down the ball. She helped take her squad to the EYBL championship game by averaging 10.9 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 4.3 assists. She had a very strong showing in that game going 4-for-4 from the 3 and scoring 21 points.

Defensively, she uses her big frame to disrupt the opposing team's point guard and rebound to ignite the fast break.

Bourrage is good without the ball in her hands as well as she understands the timing and execution of cuts and execution of sets. Her recruitment is all over the map and includes: Michigan, Florida, Illinois, Iowa State, Iowa, Ohio State, Rutgers, Georgia, Indiana, Purdue, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Utah, Nebraska, Michigan State, Tennessee, West Virginia, Kansas State, Baylor, Minnesota, and North Carolina State.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nebraska women need to get going very soon  if they have not already on getting another post player in soon with Stewart a senior and Markowski a junior (plus Mendelson gone).  Based on the season  to date I would not think Stewart would be back for a 5th year.   Unfortunately good post players are hard to come by as many high school posts committed already, so may may need  to look to the portal.  We have guards/forwards and some great guards coming in based on their stats.  I looked some at the JUCO rosters for posts but many are shorter players.

if i remember correctly, only top 100 post player available for 2025 is the Eschmeyer gal from Colorado. offers are from Stanford and a number of Big Ten schools. if the name sounds familiar to some, yes, her dad played at Northwestern. 

huskers were not noted on her offer list. 

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

I watched some highlights of Brit Prince and was curious - thought I’d come to this board for my question.

Are we talking like “Caitlyn Clark” potential here (I know, ridiculous comparison) or more like a Jaz Shelly? What’s her ceiling? 

Great question.  I kinda think there is a mixture.  She is extremely athletic, she has a certain aura surrounding her and she is an energizer bunny that can go, and go and go.  She goes to the rim, has an above average shot and passes well.

She currently is not sn elite defender.  Her 3 point shooting is not yet compatible with Clark.  She needs to improve her strength as well.

So how does she compare...hmm.  

2 hours ago, basketballjones said:

I watched some highlights of Brit Prince and was curious - thought I’d come to this board for my question.

Are we talking like “Caitlyn Clark” potential here (I know, ridiculous comparison) or more like a Jaz Shelly? What’s her ceiling? 

Clark.....no no.  Truthfully think Lindsey Moore only taller and quicker.  Like Lindsey she plays best down hill ( at least the times I've seen her).  The thing that impresses me about Clark is the passing velocity.  I don't see Brit dropping dimes from the logo on back door cuts the way Clark does.  Anyway that's the most honest take I can give

14 hours ago, basketballjones said:

The world of WBB will have to wait a while - maybe a very long while - for anyone - ANYONE - with CC potential.  I have seen her in person half a dozen times. I agree with HuskerPapa except I would say that her shot is better than above average -  field goal percentage (.590), 3-point percentage (.467), free throw percentage (.929). And she has all the shots - deep three, step back three, mid range floater, drives to the bucket - all that. 

She is Lindsay Moore with better size or Rachel Thibodeau without (yet anyway) the defensive acumen. She sees the court and the positions and movements of the other 9 players and can pick her spot accordingly to either shoot, drive, or pass quickly and with deadly accuracy.  She is quick to hunt down rebounds too.  Presuming that she stays four years and stays healthy, she has the potential to climb to the top of the double double leader board.  Paired with Weidner (such that opponents have to look both ways), there are going to be a lot of gasp inducing assists and "how'd she do that?" comments. 

Can't wait to see how much of this comes true. 

Edited by Tom Jones
left something out

Would keep current freshman Logan Nissley, as well as Potts (at the 4), in this discussion of the guard spot. Nissley's really come of age in the college game. Playing right up there as one of the team leaders, and now is making a big difference in this current team.

It's a huge jump from HS. So the new recruits will take some time to get used to the speed, schemes, and higher caliber overall athleticism of college. Of course.... hope Britt and other recruits adapt quickly, just like Potts and Nissely.

We lose a lot of talent in the next two years.

Edited by redsteve

Have watched Brit a few times, all State tourney games, from her Freshman year to last year. She will have a her ups and downs (more ups than downs) like any Freshman next year but she will be a fun to watch. Now that Nissley appears to have come into her own in year one at NE, I hope we can continue to see more from her next year along with Brit and Potts too.  Would like to see us pickup a 3 point shooter in the portal. Maybe someone coming home to NE? I like what we have coming in and hopefully returning. The big questions will be what type of player Weidner will be? All appears to look good but having both knees repaired will be test for what she can do. 

as far as an all-around wbb player? scoring, assists, being able to drive to the basket....no, i don't think you will see the caliber of player like Clark for a long, long time. i won't go as far as to say won't see a pure scorer and she could push for the record. that may happen, but, even that might be a while. 

23 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Yes she is, I really like her game for a freshman. She doesn't get rattled at all.

I like Petrie's upside.  But next year we will possibly lose Stewart and Coley isn't very physical.  I think a pickup in the portal would be a wise move especially if the player had 2 or 3 years left.  Losing Mendelson and possibly Stewart leaves us short at the post.

4 minutes ago, HUD said:

I like Petrie's upside.  But next year we will possibly lose Stewart and Coley isn't very physical.  I think a pickup in the portal would be a wise move especially if the player had 2 or 3 years left.  Losing Mendelson and possibly Stewart leaves us short at the post.

I'm hoping that Stewart comes back. She hasn't had a good season this year. Being hurt most of the year has set her back

Good big girls are difficult to find.  We have nice tandem in Potts and Petrie but we need to develop depth there.  Coley has her moments but will be a role player.  A transfer big should be a priority.  We have guards and decent shooting coming back. 

19 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Good big girls are difficult to find.  We have nice tandem in Potts and Petrie but we need to develop depth there.  Coley has her moments but will be a role player.  A transfer big should be a priority.  We have guards and decent shooting coming back. 

We may be turning a roster over if things get ugly with the lawsuit.