Kevin Cross is N

• 2 weeks later...

I really think he’s going to be a factor for us earlier than later.  I am glad Fred agreed with my assessment he is similar to Niang.  ?

I would not be surprised if he got similar minutes to what Georges received at ISU as a freshmen.  He may benefit from our lack of experienced front court depth.  Talent + opportunity = a chance for a special season for Kevin.  

One could argue Ivan Drago could fit this narrative as well.  I love his upside but I see the word raw connected with his name so I suspect Kevin will be the bigger factor early on.

On 6/7/2019 at 10:08 PM, busticket said:

I am glad Fred agreed with my assessment he is similar to Niang.  ?

It's probably only because, while he was spending all his time massaging egos with the Bulls, he didn't get a chance to scout HS prospect Jeriah Horne... ??

I think Kev definitely has the better skills (vs Yvan) right now. So we'll see what Fred values more... the heft that Drogo brings or the skillset that Cross provides. Who knows, maybe he'll play Stevenson or Kavas at the 5, and Cross/Drogo get limited mins as frosh.

I can't wait until we start seeing this whole puzzle being put together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

It's the off-season but if I find something of interest involving basketball, I post it.  To me it will always remain interesting that Kevin Cross was approximately the one guy that Doc was allowed to recruit during the first two years and how good Cross was, especially relative to most of the guys that Matt A brought in.  Other than hearing from Kevin Cross himself, I'm still going to work under the assumption that Matt A undermined everyone enough to the point that Cross was a casualty.  Thus, adding to a 5 year post as opposed to making a post with some random title just for the sake of making a new post.

I fell asleep on the couch last night at 8 and went to bed at 10 last night.  Not sure about everyone else's off-season but mine is slammed with youth t-ball, youth baseball, youth softball and beer league softball in addition to raising a garden and to one off things like visiting the Heritage National Park in Beatrice (very cool!).  I need an off-season from my off-season :)

Cross was my favorite player on that team.  He had a lot of potential but it seemed like he didn’t have the support of the staff…. I always felt it was because of Matt A.  It’s one of those things that is too bad but unfortunately that is how life works sometimes.  Good for him to find a program that let him grow into the player he became.

2 hours ago, 4huskers said:

Things are no longer norm-al.

People start visiting here or stop visiting here regularly for whatever reason suits them.  If Def Leopard doesn't know if it's better to burn out or fade away, I'm not sure if anyone does.

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

It's the off-season but if I find something of interest involving basketball, I post it.  To me it will always remain interesting that Kevin Cross was approximately the one guy that Doc was allowed to recruit during the first two years and how good Cross was, especially relative to most of the guys that Matt A brought in.  Other than hearing from Kevin Cross himself, I'm still going to work under the assumption that Matt A undermined everyone enough to the point that Cross was a casualty.  Thus, adding to a 5 year post as opposed to making a post with some random title just for the sake of making a new post.

I fell asleep on the couch last night at 8 and went to bed at 10 last night.  Not sure about everyone else's off-season but mine is slammed with youth t-ball, youth baseball, youth softball and beer league softball in addition to raising a garden and to one off things like visiting the Heritage National Park in Beatrice (very cool!).  I need an off-season from my off-season :)

FWIW, I believe it is always better to find and bump an old thread on a topic that has already been discussed rather than create a new one just because someone is too lazy to use the search function.  So I have no issue with this thread being at the top of my unread threads list.  However, it does give me a little PTSD whenever I see a thread with "is N" discussing a guy that hasn't been on our roster for 5 years. 😁

On 6/10/2024 at 10:07 AM, hhcmatt said:

People start visiting here or stop visiting here regularly for whatever reason suits them.  If Def Leopard doesn't know if it's better to burn out or fade away, I'm not sure if anyone does.

I think Neil Young is who mentioned this first.

Edited by colhusker

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Yeah, my off-season is crazy busy, too. I think I need 10 of me, tbh.

Homestead National Historical Park is legit. https://www.recreation.gov/camping/gateways/2759