Feedback after scrimmage

ajb5856

Rosenthal has a piece about feedback that was received after the scrimmage last weekend. Sounds like that Bon Jovi video might be used as our intro? Or at least used somehow in the presentation? Lame.

Sounds like they will also have a black piece around the court to taper the drop off and will also cover the cement floor with red carpet--for those that were worried about that.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/nu-hoops-fans-incredibly-impressed-with-pinnacle-bank-arena/article_fd427a9e-55c1-5a4e-93a2-9aa3c67f4e8b.html

We are so out of touch if we continue to use that.  Just horrible.

Hey, it's better than the Alma Mater Chip Davis wrote.

We have scarlet and cream

As our colors.

And we wear them proudly

To our games.

For the pride of

the Cornhusker legend

And the school

that we cherish to remain.

Refrain:

Nebraska! Nebraska!

We pledge you our true loyalty.

Nebraska! Nebraska!

A good life for you and for me.

As our colors.

And we wear them proudly

To our games.

For the pride of

the Cornhusker legend

And the school

Refrain:

Nebraska! Nebraska!

Nebraska! Nebraska!

seriously? chip wrote this drivel? is it a synthesizer armada? the guy's an amazing musician. I met him over 3 decades ago when I was a working musician. but man, lyrics are obviously not his strong suit..:)

I was there when this version of the alma mater made it's debut at an Okie State football game and sort of liked it. But then I am from Kansas. As for lyrics, I think all alma maters are supposed to be corny. I think KU's rhymes Crimson and the Blue with old KU. Maybe Chip should have rhymed Scarlet and Cream with livin' the Nebraska dream.

What section and rows are the obstructed views in? First few rows of 200 level? First few rows of 300 level?

The only "obstructed" seats that I'm aware of are the seats directly behind the stairs opening in the second and third decks. So if you got unlucky and got seated in the couple seats that happen to be right behind the opening you will be partially looking through the railing with the cable wires running through the railing. It's the thing that prevents people from falling off the cliff.

What section and rows are the obstructed views in? First few rows of 200 level? First few rows of 300 level?

The only "obstructed" seats that I'm aware of are the seats directly behind the stairs opening in the second and third decks. So if you got unlucky and got seated in the couple seats that happen to be right behind the opening you will be partially looking through the railing with the cable wires running through the railing. It's the thing that prevents people from falling off the cliff.

The rail that runs along the rim of the 200 and 300 levels will impede the views of nearly all people in the first row.  In the 200 level, it shouldn't impact anyone beyond that.  I'm in row 2 of the 200 level, on an aisle and I didn't have any trouble.

The rail that runs along the rim of the 200 and 300 levels will impede the views of nearly all people in the first row. In the 200 level, it shouldn't impact anyone beyond that. I'm in row 2 of the 200 level, on an aisle and I didn't have any trouble.
Dammit. I am 216, row 1. Hopefully it isn't too bad.

The rail that runs along the rim of the 200 and 300 levels will impede the views of nearly all people in the first row. In the 200 level, it shouldn't impact anyone beyond that. I'm in row 2 of the 200 level, on an aisle and I didn't have any trouble.
Dammit. I am 216, row 1. Hopefully it isn't too bad.

I have seats in 215 row one and it was kind of a pain, but wasn't that bad. Just have to adjust to it

Any truth to the rumor that the team and coaches wanted this video/song played?

coaches. maybe.

Players. no way.

How do you know what the players want?  I liked the video so not sure why people have their panties in a bunch about using it.

It appears to be a generational deal.  Ask your kid what he thinks about it.

As our colors.

And we wear them proudly

To our games.

For the pride of

the Cornhusker legend

And the school

Refrain:

Nebraska! Nebraska!

Nebraska! Nebraska!

seriously? chip wrote this drivel? is it a synthesizer armada? the guy's an amazing musician. I met him over 3 decades ago when I was a working musician. but man, lyrics are obviously not his strong suit.. :)

Chip wrote the music.  My understanding is that the late Prof. Robert Knoll helped him with the lyrics, which weave such a rich and vibrant tapestry of prose no 6th grader in Lincoln could have surpassed.

OK, maybe no 4th grader could have surpassed.

Would you believe no 3rd grader could have surpassed?

Any truth to the rumor that the team and coaches wanted this video/song played?

coaches. maybe.

Players. no way.

How do you know what the players want?  I liked the video so not sure why people have their panties in a bunch about using it.

It appears to be a generational deal.  Ask your kid what he thinks about it.

It must be but my kids are 21 and 19 and they both love Bon Jovi.  I'd rather have Bon Jovi with the intro than Mosark.

As our colors.

And we wear them proudly

To our games.

For the pride of

the Cornhusker legend

And the school

Refrain:

Nebraska! Nebraska!

Nebraska! Nebraska!

seriously? chip wrote this drivel? is it a synthesizer armada? the guy's an amazing musician. I met him over 3 decades ago when I was a working musician. but man, lyrics are obviously not his strong suit.. :)

Chip wrote the music.  My understanding is that the late Prof. Robert Knoll helped him with the lyrics, which weave such a rich and vibrant tapestry of prose no 6th grader in Lincoln could have surpassed.

OK, maybe no 4th grader could have surpassed.

Would you believe no 3rd grader could have surpassed?

Norm, I'd say "wrote the music" is a bit of a stretch, too.  From what I can tell Chip Davis basically just ripped off "La Marseillaise" - that's the French National Anthem to you and me.  It's no wonder it was such a gigantic failure.

Norm, I'd say "wrote the music" is a bit of a stretch, too.  From what I can tell Chip Davis basically just ripped off "La Marseillaise" - that's the French National Anthem to you and me.  It's no wonder it was such a gigantic failure.

Leave it to the British to bail the French out.....   :)

You gotta point there, 49r.  I mean, I like La Marseillaise as much as the next guy, but don't lift it to come up with a melody for an Alma Mater for Nebraska.  

And if you do lift it, FOR GAWD'S SAKE DON'T HAVE ROBERT KNOLL WRITE THE LYRICS.

I mean, that should be as elementary of a notion as not bringing the Shim Shams back to the Devaney for halftime.

Leave it to the British to bail the French out.....   :)

It's too bad we couldn't have gotten John Lennon to write the lyrics for our Alma Mater, then.  It might have not sucked if he had.  :)