Big Eight

abqhusker

Wow. Thanks for the welcoming uber judgmental reply.  

And for what it's worth, this is at least the 3rd huskerhoopscentral board I've been a member of--that was far from my first post, just the first post on this board. 

I'll welcome you, abq. That said, I'm not sure I personally care about how the old Big 8 did in basketball this year. Hopefully we'll not have to worry about comparisons like this in two years. Hopefully.

Huskers are the only team out of the old Big Eight that didn't make the tourney. Not trying to be negative (looking forward to the future!), just found it interesting. 

Admittedly, that is interesting.  The question, though, is whether it's "ironic" or not. 

You mean like "rain on your wedding day" kind of irony?  Or the other kind?  ;)

Huskers are the only team out of the old Big Eight that didn't make the tourney. Not trying to be negative (looking forward to the future!), just found it interesting. 

Admittedly, that is interesting.  The question, though, is whether it's "ironic" or not. 

You mean like "rain on your wedding day" kind of irony?  Or the other kind?   ;)

That'd be ... yep.  :P

(I think it qualifies as "rain on your wedding day" kind of irony.  FWIW.)

You mean like "rain on your wedding day" kind of irony?  Or the other kind?   ;)

That'd be ... yep.  :P

(I think it qualifies as "rain on your wedding day" kind of irony.  FWIW.)

Or a free ride when you already paid!

I will always miss the last "real" Conference we were in. But, I do take some satisfaction in knowing not ONE team from the state of Texas made the tournament. Oh, and how's that Longhorn TV channel workin' out?

You should ask this question to the ESPN (I think) idiots that carries them the sacks of $$.

...well...no matter how you look at it, it is kind of negative.  Not really what you want to do with your first post.

Wow!  That's kind of a dick thing to say!

Sorry, I went with my first reaction.  It was a rather negative first post...and my first thought (again, sorry) was that whiteknuckle, or whatever his/her current handle may be, is back.  I was not attempting to be a "dick" so again, I apologize. 

36_2_17.gif

...well...no matter how you look at it, it is kind of negative.  Not really what you want to do with your first post.

Sorry, I went with my first reaction.  It was a rather negative first post...and my first thought (again, sorry) was that whiteknuckle, or whatever his/her current handle may be, is back.  I was not attempting to be a "dick" so again, I apologize. 

36_2_17.gif

A real man would offer up some salsa with his apology.....

36_2_17.gif

A real man would offer up some salsa with his apology.....

Perhaps you figured out my secret Cip :)