Berke is N!

6 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

According to some of my UCLA contacts, they were a bit sad to see him go. But they (of course not humbly) "Had too stacked of a roster there was just no place for him."

Are said contacts 'high'? UCLA finished 16-17 last season, and moving to an even more difficult hoops conference... not saying Nebraska will necessarily be better, but the Bruins haven't been better.

Great get and fans will love this kid’s motor. 

He is very similar to Gary in being a special perimeter defender for his size and he has elite speed for a big.  Should be elite in rotations.  He’s a little light but a very physical player.  

Offensively he’s solid as well—pretty versatile.  Good high release.  

His weight prevents him from being a great rebounder but he’s not bad there either.  He 100% fills the 4 spot for depth.  

It’s gonna suck to be the opposing team’s 4 and think you are getting a break with Gary on the bench only to bring in another dog to fight you.  We’ll be relentless at that spot.  Love this pickup.  

I think we get that win we all have been waiting for next season.  I’ve never made that prediction before.  It’s a hell of a roster. 

9 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Are said contacts 'high'? UCLA finished 16-17 last season, and moving to an even more difficult hoops conference... not saying Nebraska will necessarily be better, but the Bruins haven't been better.

I think they're still riding on the 2022-2023 season where injuries "ruined their tournament run". And then saw a max exodus to the draft and transfers the next season. So to them it was just a "down year".

9 hours ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

Great get and fans will love this kid’s motor. 

He is very similar to Gary in being a special perimeter defender for his size and he has elite speed for a big.  Should be elite in rotations.  He’s a little light but a very physical player.  

Offensively he’s solid as well—pretty versatile.  Good high release.  

His weight prevents him from being a great rebounder but he’s not bad there either.  He 100% fills the 4 spot for depth.  

It’s gonna suck to be the opposing team’s 4 and think you are getting a break with Gary on the bench only to bring in another dog to fight you.  We’ll be relentless at that spot.  Love this pickup.  

I think we get that win we all have been waiting for next season.  I’ve never made that prediction before.  It’s a hell of a roster. 

Love your enthusiasm, but before you get too excited I want to point out that Torvik has us slotted right now at #11 in the Big Ten for next year (at #42), right behind #10 Wisconsin (#43).

https://www.barttorvik.com/trankpre.php?conlimit=B10&state=All&year=2024&sort=

We may have improved our roster some this offseason (hard to tell for sure though really until we've played a few games) but so has everyone else in the league pretty much.  To see an 18 team league with the lowest ranked team sitting at #77 is pretty wild honestly.  It's looking like the Big Ten and SEC are going to be by far and away the toughest hoops leagues in the nation next year.

3 minutes ago, 49r said:

Love your enthusiasm, but before you get too excited I want to point out that Torvik has us slotted right now at #11 in the Big Ten for next year (at #42), right behind #10 Wisconsin (#43).

https://www.barttorvik.com/trankpre.php?conlimit=B10&state=All&year=2024&sort=

We may have improved our roster some this offseason (hard to tell for sure though really until we've played a few games) but so has everyone else in the league pretty much.  To see an 18 team league with the lowest ranked team sitting at #77 is pretty wild honestly.  It's looking like the Big Ten and SEC are going to be by far and away the toughest hoops leagues in the nation next year.

Conference talk always reminds me there are no easy wins in the Big East except for the guaranteed 3-4 wins per season against Georgetown and DePaul 

1 hour ago, 49r said:

We may have improved our roster some this offseason (hard to tell for sure though really until we've played a few games) but so has everyone else in the league pretty much. 

Shooting will be down. Lacking athleticism. But more length leads to better defense next year too hopefully.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Conference talk always reminds me there are no easy wins in the Big East except for the guaranteed 3-4 wins per season against Georgetown and DePaul 

I think DePaul will get better with Holtmann. Idk what to think about Cooley and the Georgetown situation.