uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 27 - Indiana

44 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yeah, I can see that side of it. No one seemed to retract their disdain, though. I guess I see the whole picture, you gotta take the bad with the good, he's definitely progressing forward, and he will be great next year in Lincoln. GBR

I can see your side too. Mine was never disdain though. Just extreme frustration. I do agree with you that next year he's gonna be the DUDE 😎

4 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I can see your side too. Mine was never disdain though. Just extreme frustration. I do agree with you that next year he's gonna be the DUDE 😎

From my standpoint, i didn't see much difference in disdain and extreme frustration, tbh. Lashing out isn't much of a positive experience... I've been frustrated with some of Brice's sloppy passes or nonchalance. It happens. I get it.

Nobody on the team has been perfect. Almost all of them have made me frustrated, at least once or twice this season, even KT, and I’m the biggest KT homer on the planet. But it shows we care and it makes it more rewarding when they play well and to their capabilities. I know we don’t want Jo taking a bunch of threes, but from the baseline, he’s actually pretty ok. Love it when he hits a big baseline three. 

9 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

From my standpoint, i didn't see much difference in disdain and extreme frustration, tbh. Lashing out isn't much of a positive experience... I've been frustrated with some of Brice's sloppy passes or nonchalance. It happens. I get it.

dis·dain

noun

the feeling that someone or something is unworthy of one's consideration or respect; contempt.

verb 
consider to be unworthy of one's consideration.

Much more negative connotation with disdain. 

Edited by cornfed24-7
Left some out

2 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

dis·dain noun

the feeling that someone or something is unworthy of one's consideration or respect; contempt.

Much more negative connotation with disdain. 

Didn't need a definition, man. Sheesh. EXTREME frustration is borderline disdain in my eyes. It is a sign of disrespect or contempt if one always shows it. It's okay to disagree here...

Edited by AuroranHusker

2 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Nobody on the team has been perfect. Almost all of them have made me frustrated, at least once or twice this season, even KT, and I’m the biggest KT homer on the planet. But it shows we care and it makes it more rewarding when they play well and to their capabilities. I know we don’t want Jo taking a bunch of threes, but from the baseline, he’s actually pretty ok. Love it when he hits a big baseline three. 

I will agree with that. It does even show 'too much care' at times.

1 minute ago, AuroranHusker said:

Didn't need a definition, man. Sheesh. EXTREME frustration is borderline disdain in my eyes. It is a sign of disrespect.

Not at all. Not even close. If a person isn't doing something properly repeatedly that you know the are capable of that can lead to extreme frustration. But to make the jump that they don't deserve respect or ones consideration is quite a jump. 

My Toddler repeatedly tries to extend his bed time every damn night. Leads to extreme frustration for me. Do I have disdain for my toddler. No. And that's why words matter regardless how we "feel" what they mean 

1 minute ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Not at all. Not even close. If a person isn't doing something properly repeatedly that you know the are capable of that can lead to extreme frustration. But to make the jump that they don't deserve respect or ones consideration is quite a jump. 

My Toddler repeatedly tries to extend his bed time every damn night. Leads to extreme frustration for me. Do I have disdain for my toddler. No. And that's why words matter regardless how we "feel" what they mean 

I know words matter. I took a stand on what I think of constant badgering of Brice all season meant a bit far, undoubtedly. I am sick of it, tbh. So, yeah, if the shoe fits, then maybe cut back on the EXTREME frustration, because he's a key member of the team. Missing the point of the discussion is a big issue of these forums, going to a dictionary to 'feel' right isn't the avenue here.... I am not retracting my opinion, I got tired of the BS some tend to spew at Brice, so I lashed out. Okay?

Just now, AuroranHusker said:

I know words matter. I took a stand on what I think of constant badgering of Brice all season meant a bit far, undoubtedly. I am sick of it, tbh. So, yeah, if the shoe fits, then maybe cut back on the EXTREME frustration, because he's a key member of the team. Missing the point of the discussion is a big issue of these forums, going to a dictionary to 'feel' right isn't the avenue here.... I am not retracting my opinion, I got tired of the BS some tend to spew at Brice, so I lashed out. Okay?

No worries man. I don't think your opinion is wrong. I'm just pointing out there is a clear distinction between extreme frustration vs disdain. Hey man I get in my arguing moods too. Have at it. You're in the right place 😉

3 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

No worries man. I don't think your opinion is wrong. I'm just pointing out there is a clear distinction between extreme frustration vs disdain. Hey man I get in my arguing moods too. Have at it. You're in the right place 😉

I work in a highly technical career, I'll argue 'til the cows come home. I get pissed at fellow Husker fans at football games more than I will on HHC, tbh. It's all good. I'm just a big, big supporter of Brice so an accumulation of frustration is an 'enough is enough' from me. GBR Always.

2 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I work in a highly technical career, I'll argue 'til the cows come home. I get pissed at fellow Husker fans at football games more than I will on HHC, tbh. It's all good. I'm just a big, big supporter of Brice so an accumulation of frustration is an 'enough is enough' from me. GBR Always.

I'm a Nurse, married to a Lawyer, with a Toddler. My whole life is arguing 😂

14 hours ago, brfrad said:

Lawrence

before Feb 1st (career) 4.5 PPG 2.5 RPG 1.7 APG  36.8% FG% 31.3% 3PT% 62.2% FT% 19.2 MPG

after Feb 1st (career) 9.3 PPG 3.5 RPG 2.1 APG    43.1%/39.0%/51.2% 25.5 MPG

Remember how they called Reggie Jackson "Mr. October"?

Well ... maybe we should call him Ja "March" us Lawrence.

4 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

image.png

Keisei up to 159 career 3pts made

Here's the easy math...4 regular season games left + 3 in the Big 10 tournament + 6 in the NCAA tournament = 13 games remaining.  He only needs to average 8-9 makes a game to break Cochran's record and 3-4 makes a game to move into 2nd all time.

image.png

As to Lawrence’s better play late in the year, last year his role increased and he acclimated to the college game. This year he has again acclimated to a new role (we found out mid-August? about Ulis) and his play increased. If he’s allowed continuity in his role this offseason, I bet we see him hit the ground running to start next year.

50 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Beating Indiana, with those 5 Championship banners hanging in Assembly Hall and those 5 Stars on their shorts, is a nice accomplishment.

That's what I'm sayin', too. Their record this season be damned. It's still a good thing to beat the snot outta the Hoosiers on a regular basis. Let's get back to that. The NU-IU record isn't that horrible for us, it's 8-11 since joining the B1G... it's the 0-7 that started the Hoiberg era that hurts, tbh.