What's up with Ramel Lloyd?

Roast Beef

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I wonder, could it be like what Walker was going through last year?

No. Walker last year and Gary this year would be comparable.

Lloyd is just ...

I want to be diplomatic and there's just no way to say anything diplomatic. It's complicated and there's some family dynamics and it's just a tough deal because the kid has some ability. I think he's just struggling to harness it and display it and he has more pressure than just the pressure you put on yourself to do your best.

I feel for the kid.

11 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Seems like Ramel Lloyd no-showing here isn't a great sign for him to ever log a minute for us

Reports of NU losing a dude at semester seem to be leaning one way in particular, indubitably. Oh well, we won't have to wonder for much longer...

Edited by AuroranHusker

there was no reason for him to redshirt last year.... he's a physically gifted guard who went to the top basketball high schools in the country, was a top 150 recruit, and had plenty of training. 

i am guessing his dad thinks he shouldn't take the court unless he is a starter...which means he'll probably be transferring to a lower level D1 school...

i would think taking 2 years off is a bad idea...the experience and development he'd get even in a reserve role in the big10 conference would be more beneficial than taking another year off. I hope he just decides to play for us as i think he could be a difference maker...

Edited by FredsSlacks

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NeeandMe said:

Has he been suiting up? I'm pretty sure he was suited against Purdue. I hadn't been paying attention the last few weeks but I know he wasn't dressed the first couple weeks. 

He was suited up versus Purdue.   Coach Fred did say he and the other scout teamers were doing great simulating opponents in game prep.  

• 2 months later...