OT: A Sad Day

cipsucks

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Life long basketball man.  His name will always be synonymous with basketball.  Not sure anyone was more successful as a player and executive. 

One of those iconic names in professional sports that always takes me back to my childhood.  ❤️

Jerry West was my idol growing up in small town Nebraska.  I tried to emulate his jump shot and everything about his game. #44 was the jersey I wanted to wear but our uniforms were sized by number so my second choice, #22 honored Elgin Baylor. I was crushed by all the Finals defeats at the hands of the Celtics.  The Lakers never had the big man to battle Bill Russell until Wilt.  He was the epitome of a humble superstar.  I haven’t been a Lakers fan since he was unceremoniously released.  Zeke from Cabin Creek was the Los Angeles Lakers. RIP.

3 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Jerry West was my idol growing up in small town Nebraska.  I tried to emulate his jump shot and everything about his game. #44 was the jersey I wanted to wear but our uniforms were sized by number so my second choice, #22 honored Elgin Baylor. I was crushed by all the Finals defeats at the hands of the Celtics.  The Lakers never had the big man to battle Bill Russell until Wilt.  He was the epitome of a humble superstar.  I haven’t been a Lakers fan since he was unceremoniously released.  Zeke from Cabin Creek was the Los Angeles Lakers. RIP.

He was the Number 1 pick by the Mpls Lakers who’s Home games bounced between the City Auditorium & the Armory so they packed up & moved to Los Angeles. 

6 hours ago, BigTate said:

Donald Sutherland Passed today at the age of 88. Great actor! Some of my favorite DS movies. 

Animal House, MASH, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, The Dirty Dozen, and Kelly's heroes...

No mention of the movies that also featured Kevin Bacon?

1 hour ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

I was referring to the movies that featured both Donald Sutherland and Kevin Bacon; being Animal House and JFK.  Which is quite possibly the oddest pairing of movies ever.

I read yesterday Sutherland took the minimum 35,000 dollars for that “Animal House” cameo when a profit sharing agreement would have netted him 2 million.