OT: A Sad Day

cipsucks

Didn't want to start a new thread.  I hope this one doesn't have any more additions.  Dahrran Diedrick lost his battle with cancer.

Former Nebraska and CFL star Dahrran Diedrick dies following cancer diagnosis: 'Leaves us far too young' (msn.com)

Edited by cipsucks

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, cipsucks said:

Sadly, we have another addition to this list.  Randy Meisner passed. 

Randy Meisner, Eagles Co-Founder and Singer of ‘Take It To The Limit,’ Dies at 77 (msn.com)

I'm a sentimental fool. I LOVE that song. I try not to care about celebrities passing, but this one is sad to me. A part of my youth just died.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

This one really sucks.

I saw him in Biloxi, MS when I was TDY there for an Air Force training. With Ted Nugent I think. It was a few months before Hurricane Katrina. My heart sunk a little when I saw the news this A.M. Really enjoy his music. 

• 1 month later...

When I heard the news about Eric Carmen passing this morning, I was bummed.  I bought The Raspberries two albums. The first, the Scratch and Sniff album, had a sticker on it, when scratched, it smelled like raspberries.  Last time I scratched it, 25 years ago, it stilled smelled of raspberries.  Go All The Way was on that album, but their follow up was pretty good as well. He had a pretty good solo career also.  RIP!

2 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

When I heard the news about Eric Carmen passing this morning, I was bummed.  I bought The Raspberries two albums. The first, the Scratch and Sniff album, had a sticker on it, when scratched, it smelled like raspberries.  Last time I scratched it, 25 years ago, it stilled smelled of raspberries.  Go All The Way was on that album, but their follow up was pretty good as well. He had a pretty good solo career also.  RIP!

43 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Good recollection you have, cip. Always enjoy reading up on these things when you post 'em.