2023-24 Husker opponents

AuroranHusker

30 minutes ago, HuscurAdam said:

Anyone else notice UNO dominated the same North Dakota team we needed to rally to beat by 8? Mavs now in 2nd place in the Summit.

https://omavs.com/news/2024/1/11/mens-basketball-mavericks-north-dakota.aspx

I did. They have been playing well which surprised me as I thought they were pretty bad to start the year. Hope they can keep it up.

2 hours ago, 49r said:

I hope not.  I really like him as Michigan coach...I think he's doing a wonderful job!!!  In fact I think they should extend his contract ASAP.

I believe Howard and Fred started their current gigs at the same time.  Fred started sloooow, while Howard was quick out of the gate.  Tortoise versus the hare, so to speak.  My, hasn't that flip-flopped

57 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I believe Howard and Fred started their current gigs at the same time.  Fred started sloooow, while Howard was quick out of the gate.  Tortoise versus the hare, so to speak.  My, hasn't that flip-flopped

That's because Howard's kids were the right age to play in college; we had to wait for Sam to get older. 😎

10 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Generally speaking, this is not good for us. All or almost all of those ranked teams that lost will still make the NCAA Tournament. All of those unranked teams that won now have a good or great Quad 1 win. Some of those teams will not be in bubble contention, but without checking, I would guess that most are.

6 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

Generally speaking, this is not good for us. All or almost all of those ranked teams that lost will still make the NCAA Tournament. All of those unranked teams that won now have a good or great Quad 1 win. Some of those teams will not be in bubble contention, but without checking, I would guess that most are.

Only Northwestern from the B1G has a win over #1 besides Nebraska's this week. Both NU's. Hmmm.

It's too early to get too caught up in the "rankings" since they don't mean much at this point in time. Time will tell. Gotta stack up W's, no matter what. GBR

On 1/12/2024 at 9:39 AM, Art Vandalay said:

I did. They have been playing well which surprised me as I thought they were pretty bad to start the year. Hope they can keep it up.

Omaha Mavs also defeated NDSU, for the 1st time in 10 tries, by the count of 96-92. UNO sits atop the Summit (with St. Thomas) at 3-1. Frankie Fidler's been ballin'!

7 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

Teams will RISE and Fall throughout the year.  We actually moved UP in the NET after game results yesterday.  We're still 2-3 in Q1 and 1-1 in Q2.  We just need to win and we'll be fine.  We have our signature win.  We will most likely end up with 2-3 Q1 wins.  Just play our game and don't feel pressured.  We've got more chances than most of those teams to make a statement.

41 minutes ago, 89Husker said:

Iowa @ Minnesota.  Who do we want to win? What would help our NET/Kenpom more?

Probably would have been best if Minnesota won, but looks like that isn't gonna happen.  I doubt it affects us one way or another very much.

Some teams have wins that age well... our MSU and KSU wins so far have.  One that hasn't?  Duquesne.  They fell to 0-4 in the A-10 tonight and are all alone in last place.  They're sub 100 in KenPom and will probably drop more after tonight and their NET is about to drop into the 100's as well.

5 hours ago, hskr4life said:

We’ll face one of the best players PPG wise against Q1 competition on Saturday.  Boo Buie averages 19.3 PPG against Q1 opponents.

Nebraska's already faced the #2 guy and is set to face the #1 guy fairly soon on the road. As we all can see, the Big Ten's no joke in terms of talent this year.

24 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Nebraska's already faced the #2 guy and is set to face the #1 guy fairly soon on the road. As we all can see, the Big Ten's no joke in terms of talent this year.

Technically this is just for Q1 games.  Since we’ll be @UMD, that’s a Q2… so I like our chances. lol!