OK, I've come to a painful conclusion

After living through the absurd amount of bitching on this and other boards for the last couple of years of the Doc Sadler era, I was expecting a coaching change would shut some people up.

But after reading through some of the comments on the game thread today, I've reached a painful conclusion:  Some people have their bitch boxes stuck in the "on" position.

They apparently feel themselves entitled to a winning conference record, near-perfect execution at all times, players whose facial expressions never betray frustration, and free Runzas after every game.

I'm sorry, but I thought the coaching change would shut some of you Debras up.  Sadly, I appear to have been wrong.

Sorry for those who might be offended.  (Actually, tough crap -- I've had to endure your garbage these last several years so now you can endure some of mine.  Or just not read this.)

I don't include in game threads as an exemplar of the true negative nancys out there.  There are lots of good fans who make  comments during the game in the heat moment that are negative.  Those comments get a pass from me.  Maybe you just shouldn't read the in-game threads.

I don't include in game threads as an exemplar of the true negative nancys out there. There are lots of good fans who make comments during the game in the heat moment that are negative. Those comments get a pass from me. Maybe you just shouldn't read the in-game threads.

Wait Hal that was thought out and insightful. Get out of here now!:)

I will say that I feel that the board has changed some this year, but much like the basketball season next year will be better.;)

And we still have the women to worry about, because we know they are going to get screwed with their seeding.

I don't include in game threads as an exemplar of the true negative nancys out there.  There are lots of good fans who make  comments during the game in the heat moment that are negative.  Those comments get a pass from me.  Maybe you just shouldn't read the in-game threads.

Perhaps I could cut and paste an example of posts where that exemption wouldn't' really apply.

I will agree in a sense... There are some good fans who get caught up in the moment and post some negative things.  There are also those who post negative things in EVERY SINGLE GAME THREAD.  There are also ones who post negative things EVERY TIME WE ARE LOSING OR LOSE.  Those are the ones who Norm is mostly talking about.

The "seasons over" comments halfway through Big 10 play... the Miles is a terrible coach here and there... the bashing of players with little support... I could go on and on.

It gets old... and all it does is bring the board down.  Yeah some call themselves "realists" but give me a "fakest optimist" over a "realist pessimist" any day of the week.

The only good thing about the season being over is the fact that I don't have to read the negativity in a game thread for 8 months.  The bad thing is now I have to read all the negative threads that are going to be started for the next 8 months.

You don't have to read them

Perhaps I could cut and paste an example of posts where that exemption wouldn't' really apply.

Please do Norm.

I will agree in a sense... There are some good fans who get caught up in the moment and post some negative things.  There are also those who post negative things in EVERY SINGLE GAME THREAD.  There are also ones who post negative things EVERY TIME WE ARE LOSING OR LOSE.  Those are the ones who Norm is mostly talking about.

The "seasons over" comments halfway through Big 10 play... the Miles is a terrible coach here and there... the bashing of players with little support... I could go on and on.

It gets old... and all it does is bring the board down.  Yeah some call themselves "realists" but give me a "fakest optimist" over a "realist pessimist" any day of the week.

Well said hskr4life

The only good thing about the season being over is the fact that I don't have to read the negativity in a game thread for 8 months.  The bad thing is now I have to read all the negative threads that are going to be started for the next 8 months.

You don't have to read them

Kinda hard not to.  It's not like it's a thread clearly about Creighton that you could just choose not to read after looking at the thread title.  In the game thread, you'd have to read the post before you can decide not to read it.  And that's not really possible, is it?

Please do Norm.

Please don't. 

Please do Norm.

Please don't. 

OK, I won't.

Please do Norm.

Please don't. 

OK, I won't.

That bad huh..

I don't include in game threads as an exemplar of the true negative nancys out there. There are lots of good fans who make comments during the game in the heat moment that are negative. Those comments get a pass from me. Maybe you just shouldn't read the in-game threads.

Wait Hal that was thought out and insightful. Get out of here now! :)

I will say that I feel that the board has changed some this year, but much like the basketball season next year will be better. ;)

And we still have the women to worry about, because we know they are going to get screwed with their seeding.

Did I really just read a post by Silverbacked about our women getting screwed?

Please do Norm.

Please don't. 

OK, I won't.

That bad huh..

No idea...didn't read

After living through the absurd amount of bitching on this and other boards for the last couple of years of the Doc Sadler era, I was expecting a coaching change would shut some people up.

But after reading through some of the comments on the game thread today, I've reached a painful conclusion:  Some people have their bitch boxes stuck in the "on" position.

They apparently feel themselves entitled to a winning conference record, near-perfect execution at all times, players whose facial expressions never betray frustration, and free Runzas after every game.

I'm sorry, but I thought the coaching change would shut some of you Debras up.  Sadly, I appear to have been wrong.

Sorry for those who might be offended.  (Actually, tough crap -- I've had to endure your garbage these last several years so now you can endure some of mine.  Or just not read this.)

did you really think the coaching change would stop people from wanting free Runzas?