All-Big Ten 1st, 2nd & 3rd teams (Coaches)

Terran Petteway (3rd team) but no Shavon Shields (surprisingly) on the Coaches All-Big Ten teams.

1st Team:

Yogi Ferrell

Aaron White

Dez Wells

DeAngelo Russell

FRANK KAMINSKY (P.O.T.Y.)

2nd Team:

Melo Trimble

Branden Dawson

D.J. Newbill

A.J. Hammons

Sam Dekker

3rd Team:

Jarrod Uthoff

Travis Trice

Denzel Valentine

Terran Petteway

Nigel Hayes

http://btn.com/2015/03/09/view-2015-all-big-ten-mens-basketball-teams-honors/

I guess I'm not that surprised by Shields being left off.  He has been extremely inconsistent during conference play and not sure he has had an all conference type of season like he did last year.

Did you see some of the players on the HM?  Some players didn't even average double figures.

I'm with KLDM here.  He was way too inconsistent throughout conference play.  I do think he was deserving, but I think KLDM was spot on in saying it's not all that surprising that he was snubbed.  But Auroran, I agree that he was probably more deserving than a couple of the people on the honorable mention list.

Not to be on either honorable mention list is a big time snub.  I can't speak for Auroran, but I am not saying the kid should be 2nd or 3rd team but being left out completely is just wrong.

I don't disagree with you.  I think he deserved honorable mention.  All I'm saying is that I'm not all that surprised with how inconsistent he was down the stretch.

I guess I'm not that surprised by Shields being left off.  He has been extremely inconsistent during conference play and not sure he has had an all conference type of season like he did last year.

Did you see some of the players on the HM?  Some players didn't even average double figures.

I'm with KLDM here.  He was way too inconsistent throughout conference play.  I do think he was deserving, but I think KLDM was spot on in saying it's not all that surprising that he was snubbed.  But Auroran, I agree that he was probably more deserving than a couple of the people on the honorable mention list.

There is no doubt that SS was way too inconsistent. That fact seems to fly in the face of players like Shannon Scott, Maurice Walker, Jon Octeus & Myles Mack all being HM over SS. Oh well, it's surprising that NU lost 8 straight, too, and I think that fact also contributed to the snub IMHO.

There is no doubt that SS was way too inconsistent. That fact seems to fly in the face of players like Shannon Scott, Maurice Walker, Jon Octeus & Myles Mack all being HM over SS. Oh well, it's surprising that NU lost 8 straight, too, and I think that fact also contributed to the snub IMHO.

Team record is very much a part of how highly you're voted.

Team record is very much a part of how highly you're voted.

Not even honorable mention for SS  is complete BS, and so is the 9-game L streak!