Schnider Herard 2016 C -> Miss St -> Maryland

I have eaten fried catfish in Starkville, MS.

And there is all that kudzu.  (Some people like it, apparently.)

Yeah they got lots of that crap down there, too.

Yes, it is a veritable cornucopia of regional culinary delights, non-native invasive plant species, restrictive moral culture, and widespread poverty and inequality.  What more could an 18 year-old ask for?

I have eaten fried catfish in Starkville, MS.

And there is all that kudzu.  (Some people like it, apparently.)

Yeah they got lots of that crap down there, too.

Yes, it is a veritable cornucopia of regional culinary delights, non-native invasive plant species, restrictive moral culture, and widespread poverty and inequality.  What more could an 18 year-old ask for?

:rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

We have a lot of bigs right now (though when I think about it Jordy could probably not hopefully not transfer. We have Jordy, Brady unless he plays more 4, and you have to consider a scholarship for tanner next year if he continues to get minutes. Even Roby should and could take more minutes at the 5. Despite that I would still be okay with someone like this espiacally since we never fill our Scholarships anyway

1 minute ago, noahjb24 said:

Quite irrelevant post considering this kid was a top 100 recruit and the first name you list was Sergej Vucetic. 

Not really, my reference was your simple statement that a big is a big.  Just because they have size doesn't mean they have the talent that Nebraska wants or needs. We have recruited a number of "bigs" that have not worked out.  Each came with their share of excitement and high hopes. 

2 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Not really, my reference was your simple statement that a big is a big.  Just because they have size doesn't mean they have the talent that Nebraska wants or needs. We have recruited a number of "bigs" that have not worked out.  Each came with their share of excitement and high hopes. 

I meant a big is a big in terms of being somewhat expected to contribute. You're right that they all end up performing differently and that some fail to meet expectations but comparing me saying this about this top 50 recruit to us getting Sergej is irrelevant. And i never had high hopes for sweet feet Sergej

2 hours ago, REDZONEDAN said:

Will Tanner still be on scholarship next year or was this a case of having an extra scholarship and giving it to a walk-on for a year?

No knowledge of this, but with the way he is playing I think it is a pretty sure thing that he gets a scholly next year too. 

10 hours ago, ShortDust said:

I would assume tanner won’t be on ship come next year unless miles strikes out on his top targets for the 18’ class.

The available spots for 2018 currently belong to Anton Gill, Evan Taylor and Duby Okeke, the three seniors.

We've added a point guard and a power forward who might need a redshirt year.  That still leaves one spot open assuming Tanner keeps his ship for 2 years.

Assuming we don't lose any underclassmen to the transfer market, we'll probably still be in pretty good shape a year from now when Glynn, James Palmer and Copeland are seniors.

However, we need to bring in a couple of combo G/F types in the James Palmer/Isaac Copeland mold to sit out a year next year and come in eligible to play the year after when Watson, Palmer and Copeland are gone.

I just don't see us finding 2018 freshmen in the spring period who will be good enough players that, by the time they're sophomores, they can step in for "the underrated trio" without us dropping off a ton.  I'd say best bet is transfer market this spring and looking for a Copeland type and a Palmer type.  And maybe another big.

That being the case, I would say it doesn't seem probable that Tanner would still have a scholarship next season.  We'll need a couple of transfer types to fill in for Copeland and Palmer when they graduate and that wouldn't leave enough room for Tanner to stay on scholarship.

2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

The available spots for 2018 currently belong to Anton Gill, Evan Taylor and Duby Okeke, the three seniors.

We've added a point guard and a power forward who might need a redshirt year.  That still leaves one spot open assuming Tanner keeps his ship for 2 years.

Assuming we don't lose any underclassmen to the transfer market, we'll probably still be in pretty good shape a year from now when Glynn, James Palmer and Copeland are seniors.

However, we need to bring in a couple of combo G/F types in the James Palmer/Isaac Copeland mold to sit out a year next year and come in eligible to play the year after when Watson, Palmer and Copeland are gone.

I just don't see us finding 2018 freshmen in the spring period who will be good enough players that, by the time they're sophomores, they can step in for "the underrated trio" without us dropping off a ton.  I'd say best bet is transfer market this spring and looking for a Copeland type and a Palmer type.  And maybe another big.

That being the case, I would say it doesn't seem probable that Tanner would still have a scholarship next season.  We'll need a couple of transfer types to fill in for Copeland and Palmer when they graduate and that wouldn't leave enough room for Tanner to stay on scholarship.

We do have Thor and Nana in the development stages...

12 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

True, but if I’m Miles, I’m looking at the transfer market to pick up hopefully a couple of homeruns to sit out next season and come in the year after Watson, Palmer and Copeland graduate. 

This.  This is what has gotten the job done so far.  Our best seasons and teams in the past 10 years have come with transfers.  This needs to be our identity really.  Especially with the way college ball is in this landscape.  Picking up the Glynn, and Thomas Allen, and Xavier Johnson are great and we need to keep doing that.  However, our bread and butter also lies in the transfer market.  Use it to our advantage.  There are over 300 players looking for a new home every year.