Braxton Meah is N

20 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

How many guys is a lot of work?

Exactly.  

One stretch 4 maybe?  Another banger in the post?  I'm not certain Griffiths can't be a stretch 4.  I'd guess he'll roll out at about 210 next year, so two inches taller and 10lbs lighter than Gary with the same athleticism.  

But...

Worster/Ulis

Essegian/Janowski

Williams/

Gary/Griffiths

Meah/Morgan

That's 9 deep already and probably another tourney team.  

The recruiting has been amazing.  

11 minutes ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

Exactly.  

One stretch 4 maybe?  Another banger in the post?  I'm not certain Griffiths can't be a stretch 4.  I'd guess he'll roll out at about 210 next year, so two inches taller and 10lbs lighter than Gary with the same athleticism.  

But...

Worster/Ulis

Essegian/Janowski

Williams/

Gary/Griffiths

Meah/Morgan

Think we are going after a 4 man either way. Then it is just a matter of if we hold the last ship or give it to a young development big like the Juco guy mentioned before.

Brice actually played the 4 last year in some lineups. So if we get a good one plus Gary with Bruce filling in should be good. 

1 hour ago, AGHANSEN said:

I wouldn’t put too much stock into the On3 portal team rankings.

For example, 247 Sports has us ranked 38. 

https://247sports.com/season/2024-basketball/transferteamrankings/

The worst part of this is we have to wait about 7 months before we see how this all plays out. As Tom Petty used to sing, "the waiting is the hardest part".

3 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

Think we are going after a 4 man either way. Then it is just a matter of if we hold the last ship or give it to a young development big like the Juco guy mentioned before.

Brice actually played the 4 last year in some lineups. So if we get a good one plus Gary with Bruce filling in should be good. 

Hell yeah! Forgot about Bruce! 😉

4 hours ago, AGHANSEN said:

I wouldn’t put too much stock into the On3 portal team rankings.

For example, 247 Sports has us ranked 38. 

https://247sports.com/season/2024-basketball/transferteamrankings/

On3 takes into account who you lost, as well as who you got. Our ranking reflects transfers out who weren't particularly productive, as well as our transfers in. 247 just counts who you got.

23 hours ago, HB said:

I don't know if this signing constitutes tea leaves, but regardless, I would not hold out hope that Rienk is playing next season.  

No one brought up the possible knee surgery and maybe it was the alcohol but I have it on good authority that two students approached him  at a bar and asked and his response was that he was definitely coming back next year.

On 4/30/2024 at 11:05 AM, AGHANSEN said:

We have the potential of being a really good defensive team, especially with Meah, Worster, and Gary on the floor. 

Worster is good at defense?  I honestly did not know that.  

18 hours ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

Exactly.  

But...

Worster/Ulis

Essegian/Janowski

Williams/

Gary/Griffiths

Meah/Morgan

No Mast I see?  Interesting

1 hour ago, Dean Smith said:

No one brought up the possible knee surgery and maybe it was the alcohol but I have it on good authority that two students approached him  at a bar and asked and his response was that he was definitely coming back next year.

Not to get into semantics, but "definitely coming back next year" is not the same as will be playing next year. I would "definitely come back" too if I needed knee surgery and could have DONU pay for it. 

41 minutes ago, HuscurAdam said:

Not to get into semantics, but "definitely coming back next year" is not the same as will be playing next year. I would "definitely come back" too if I needed knee surgery and could have DONU pay for it. 

Bingo

3 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

I’ve read about the knee possibility numerous times. I’ve assumed it was true since we signed 2 post guys this spring already. I’m sure the coaches have known it was likely.

16 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

Gary played 4 for us last year and will again this year. We do need 1 more so he can slide down as needed.

And we weren’t real deep in the front court either.   We need two.