Games Of Note/Bubble Watch 2024

Wake now in the field as of today.

Appeared Duke player got hurt in the storm.  Duke was down 4 with 1-2 seconds left.

Why Why Why do coaches keep leaving their best players on the floor for stormings!?!?  Sub in your other players, tell them to stand right next to the bench, and get the hell off the floor at the buzzer.  Shake hands later/not at all in these situations.

Results (2/26/24): Didn’t get a thread up Sunday as I was in Lincoln.  Yesterday just got away from me but here are the results.  KSU squeaked one out, and SC State… yes THAT SC St is now 7-4 and 2nd in their conference.

• Big 10 Games
    • None
  • Non-Con Opponents Games
    • West Virginia 90 @ KState 94
    • MD Eastern 56 @ SC St 64
    • Alabama A&M 58 @ Fl A&M 76
  • Other Bubble Games
    • Baylor 62 @ TCU 54

Games To Watch (2/27/24): Probably conflicting interests in that first game and I would think we want PSU in the 2nd B1G game.  Some conflicting interests in bubble games.  Especially since we’re currently fighting for seeding than getting in.

• Big 10 Games
    • Wisconsin @ Indiana
    • Penn St @ Iowa
    • None
  • Other Bubble Games
    • Georgetown @ Villanova
    • Cincinnati @ Houston
    • Kentucky @ Miss St
    • Va Tech @ Syracuse
    • Pitt @ Clemson
    • BYU @ KU
    • Wake Forest @ Notre Dame
    • NC St @ FL St
    • Texas @ Texas Tech
    • Boise @ Air Force
    • Nevada @ Colorado St
Edited by hskr4life

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Results (2/26/24): Didn’t get a thread up Sunday as I was in Lincoln.  Yesterday just got away from me but here are the results.  KSU squeaked one out, and SC State… yes THAT SC St is now 7-4 and 2nd in their conference.

• Big 10 Games
    • None
    • West Virginia 90 @ KState 94
    • MD Eastern 56 @ SC St 64
    • Alabama A&M 58 @ Fl A&M 76
  • Other Bubble Games
    • Baylor 62 @ TCU 64

Games To Watch (2/27/24): Probably conflicting interests in that first game and I would think we want PSU in the 2nd B1G game.  Some conflicting interests in bubble games.  Especially since we’re currently fighting for seeding than getting in.

• Big 10 Games
    • Wisconsin @ Indiana
    • Penn St @ Iowa
    • None
  • Other Bubble Games
    • Georgetown @ Villanova
    • Cincinnati @ Houston
    • Kentucky @ Miss St
    • Va Tech @ Syracuse
    • Pitt @ Clemson
    • BYU @ KU
    • Wake Forest @ Notre Dame
    • NC St @ FL St
    • Texas @ Texas Tech
    • Boise @ Air Force
    • Nevada @ Colorado St

With the caveat that the goal is the NCAA Tournament and not BIG 10 Tournament seeding.

We need Wisconsin to win tonight. They are barely a Q1 win for us now and a loss to IU, even though it is a road game, would likely drop their NET to a Q2.

1 hour ago, Ron Mexico said:

With the caveat that the goal is the NCAA Tournament and not BIG 10 Tournament seeding.

We need Wisconsin to win tonight. They are barely a Q1 win for us now and a loss to IU, even though it is a road game, would likely drop their NET to a Q2.

We’re in the tournament either way IMO. I am pulling for us to pass then and have one less hurdle for another (albeit secondary) objective which is getting a conference championship and auto bid. This team can win three games….we do not need Wisconsin for quad 1 unless the sky falls IMO. 

I realize Nebraska was 4th and snubbed before. This isn’t about that. This is about we’re already in so might as well go for a trophy. 

8 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

I agree I prefer a Wisconsin win, not necessarily because I’m worried about getting into the dance, but because it helps our seed if they can finish strong.

I’ll say though they’re not dropping to Q2 with a loss tonight. Teams are barely shifting at all at this point. Michigan State dropped one spot for a home loss to OSU. Wisconsin isn’t dropping more than a couple spots for a Q2 road loss (which is somewhat looking likely right now). If they finish on a skid then they could eventually fall out.