Minnesota (8-21) vs. Nebraska (16-15) Game Thread B1G Tournament

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Minnesota (8-21) vs. Nebraska (16-15) Game Thread B1G Tournament

Ok, I am not a doctor but I did find it interesting that if you zoom in on the upper right picture, Keita is not wearing a shoe on his left foot (leg with bad ankle).  His ankle also looks swollen to me but I am not a large individual and perhaps large individuals have more rounded ankles.  Anyways, maybe it's nothing but I am guessing he is not ready to play.

Also, wow,.his poor left pinky toe was mangled at some point.  Ouch!

2 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Ok, I am not a doctor but I did find it interesting that if you zoom in on the upper right picture, Keita is not wearing a shoe on his left foot (leg with bad ankle).  His ankle also looks swollen to me but I am not a large individual and perhaps large individuals have more rounded ankles.  Anyways, maybe it's nothing but I am guessing he is not ready to play.

Also, wow,.his poor left pinky toe was mangled at some point.  Ouch!

Now, you have me zooming in on that part of the pic. Good catch, btw. I think the ankle looks all right. The toes are another story. lol

27 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

BK will hopefully be used if needed, but saved if we’re doing ok.  If we’re up and not getting killed on the boards, I’d imagine we save Bk for when we truly need him.

Keisei, Griesel, CJ Wilcher,

Kojenets and Derrick Walker,

Willhelm, Lawrence, Denim Dawson 

Sam Hoiberg, not Fred.

BK, will you play today?

MATT RHULE!

Would hurt in the next one if he can’t give good minutes.  Maryland really hurt us on lobs and roll actions.  BK is pretty good with positioning himself in those pathways.   Do not take this as an assumption we will win tonight.  

Willhelm is going to have to play well in this tournament.  He doesn’t need to shoot unless late in the clock.  

Edited by royalfan

59 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Keisei, Griesel, CJ Wilcher,

Kojenets and Derrick Walker,

Willhelm, Lawrence, Denim Dawson 

Sam Hoiberg, not Fred.

BK, will you play today?

MATT RHULE!

I am glad you did this so I did not have to.

38 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Do not take this as an assumption we will win tonight.  

I agree that this game is especially tricky We know all too well how it is to be on the other end where you know if you lose, your season is certainly over.  They will come out fast with nothing to lose.  Fortunately, we have a lot to play for so we shouldn't have any issues matching their energy from the tip.  It would be an exceptional downer to end our season with a loss tonight and I just don't think this team allows that to happen.  Jump on them early, step on their throats and get them looking forward to Spring break and the offseason.

21 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

We need a good performance and to defend Battle.  On a side note, I think it stinks that Michigan State gets a double bye because they never made up the Minnesota game.

Rutgers is the team that didn't have any flexibility to allow MSU to actually schedule Minny. Funny thing is that Minny then beat Rutgers. Seems about right. 🙃

28 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

We need a good performance and to defend Battle.  On a side note, I think it stinks that Michigan State gets a double bye because they never made up the Minnesota game.

They made that decision before we played them. Had we beat them, then it's a completely different outcome. Risk and reward.

34 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Minnesota would have needed to beat Michigan St at Michigan St which is pretty unlikely.  Had Michigan St won that game, they'd still be the number 4 seed due to tiebreakers.  Had they lost that game, then Iowa gets the first round bye. Thus, it actually worked out just fine!

I absolutely detest late tip-offs. It has nothing to do with this boomer's bed time.  I just hate waiting. I blame the trauma I got back in 91 with a late starting game...

Anyway, after tonight's game, people will be talking how the Huskers blew that room away!  GBR!