Hello Friends

Jacob, how much access do you have to practices and the team?  For example is it outlandish to think that you can/will share observations?  For example, how is the team chemistry?  Is a player or players really standing out at this point?  Any inside fodder will help quench our offseason thirst...

And oh yeah, welcome 😁

Edited by Huskerpapa

Not that you have influence over any of this, but the basketball merchandise the university offers is sparse and just bad.

It's really sad considering our ticket sales are in the Top 25 basically every year since the PBA opened up.

If we take our coaches seriously, the coverage of the sport seriously, then why do they act like we're a Division 2 basketball school when it comes to merchandise?

21 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Not that you have influence over any of this, but the basketball merchandise the university offers is sparse and just bad.

It's really sad considering our ticket sales are in the Top 25 basically every year since the PBA opened up.

If we take our coaches seriously, the coverage of the sport seriously, then why do they act like we're a Division 2 basketball school when it comes to merchandise?

I completely agree with this. The best looking basketball specific gear I’ve seen is the 3 years worth of it that I got being a part of the program. Think there could be much better merchandising for all sports, especially in the arena and in and around Lincoln. 

On 7/22/2024 at 3:50 PM, Huskerpapa said:

Jacob, how much access do you have to practices and the team?  For example is it outlandish to think that you can/will share observations?  For example, how is the team chemistry?  Is a player or players really standing out at this point?  Any inside fodder will help quench our offseason thirst...

And oh yeah, welcome 😁

Have not been able to see any practices or workouts. Covering hoops is my side job so I haven’t been able to make it to any of the summer media availabilities either unfortunately. 

Right now I’m buying any and all Nick Janowski stock that I can buy.

On paper, I’m far more intrigued by this team on paper than I was by this past season’s group before the year. All the vibes have been good, but it’s also July. 

On 7/23/2024 at 3:10 PM, Jacob Bigelow said:

Have not been able to see any practices or workouts. Covering hoops is my side job so I haven’t been able to make it to any of the summer media availabilities either unfortunately. 

Right now I’m buying any and all Nick Janowski stock that I can buy.

On paper, I’m far more intrigued by this team on paper than I was by this past season’s group before the year. All the vibes have been good, but it’s also July. 

Hi Jacob.  Do you see the NU staff developing Nick J as a point guard, a shooting guard, or just an all-purpose "baller"!

Had a nice podcast chat with Joe Jackson who does great film breakdown content on Twitter and YouTube about various Big Ten hoops topics including Nebraska and their newcomers going into this season.

Give it a listen if you need to scratch your basketball itch on August 5th.

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped a very fun pod with Ali Farokhmanesh. Could talk to that dude for hours about just about anything. One of the best people I know. May be a little too inside baseball on Colorado State and the Mountain West for some folks, but there’s some golden stories and great tidbits about Niko Medved.

Have another old friend whose now coaching in the Mountain West coming up soon.