OT Husker Baseball

Congrats to the Nebraska baseball team.  Won the Big Ten tournament after losing their first game.  The big question is how in the world was Josh Caron not on the all Big Ten conference team?

Oops!  Posted this and then realized we had the "other NU sports" board.  Feel free to move this.

Edited by Navin R. Johnson

This thread needs to stay.  The other sports board doesn't get that many views.  This Husker baseball team reflects what is going on in Husker athletics, especially basketball and football.  The right head coaching hires were made in all 3 sports. You don't have to have "elite" talent at all positions: get the right athletes who have the right attitude, and things, more than likely, will look good at season's end. Everything is in place.  We have the money, we have the coaches, we have the facilities and we have the right talent.  

I've got a feeling whatever regional the Huskers wind up in, we're playing in a Super Regional.  GBR!

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Can somebody answer this for me...this is the first time since ______ (year/sport) that a men's athletic team has won a Big Ten title?

Baseball: 2024 (BTT), 2021 (Reg), 2017 (Reg)

Basketball: N/A

Cross Country: N/A

Football: 2012 (Legends Div)

Golf: N/A

Gymnastics: 2024 (Reg)

Tennis: N/A

Track & Field Indoor: 2019, 2016, 2015

Track & Field Outdoor: 2024, 2023, 2016, 2013

Wrestling: N/A

(Since joining the Big Ten in 2011)

Edited by HuskerFever

47 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Maybe my reading comprehension isn't good, but I thought I saw the men's  gymnastics team finished 3rd. Is this Big Ten champs for an individual title?

Regular season.

https://huskers.com/news/2024/03/26/huskers-dubbed-regular-season-big-ten-champions-for-first-time-in-program-history

8 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Maybe my reading comprehension isn't good, but I thought I saw the men's  gymnastics team finished 3rd. Is this Big Ten champs for an individual title?

Up Next
After a week break, the Cornhuskers will return to competition to compete for a chance at the conference championship title for the NCAA Big Ten Championships on Friday and Saturday April 5-6. The meet is set to take place at State Farm Center in Champaign-Urbana, Ill. at 7 p.m. (CT). 

43 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

5.40 ERA and a 1.20 WHIP for Spencer.

Unfortunate mistake where a back-to-back fastball down the middle leads to a home run. Probably would get away with it in AA ball. Which, he did. Only allowed one in that league.