Justin Bolis is N

Geez, I know that name from somewhere...

I think this is a good get.  He really seems to have matured into a good player.  Welcome home Justin!

***Bolis averaged 15.5 points per game as a freshman and will be a preferred walk-on for the Huskers.

Edited by Huskerpapa

2 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Serious question, why not just give him one of the last 2 open scholarships? 6’9” can shoot it alil bit it looks like, atleast an average athlete, went to high school in Lincoln. 3 years left to play. 

Maybe he wants a chance to prove himself.  Maybe he has heard of NIL money.  Maybe the game has changed. Maybe our thinking should as well.

3 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Maybe he wants a chance to prove himself.  Maybe he has heard of NIL money.  Maybe the game has changed. Maybe our thinking should as well.

The game has definitely changed, I guess my question more is does it help us just making him A PWO and do PWO get some sort of significant NIL($50,000 plus) 

SMART pickup.  Think Yvan with at least a threat of an open three.  Good athlete.  Huge luxury as a PWO.  He definitely has the athleticism to contribute down the road and give us spot minutes if we get into deep depth problems next season.  Quickly developing kid who is really starting to understand his gifts.   

32 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Serious question, why not just give him one of the last 2 open scholarships? 6’9” can shoot it alil bit it looks like, atleast an average athlete, went to high school in Lincoln. 3 years left to play. 

Maybe it's a case where we think we have a good shot at getting a couple more quality players.

13 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Like he’s getting NIL to be a walk on or we don’t have enough money to give him a scholarship and NIL? 

I'd say in a perfect world we get an usable PF out of the portal, we stay relatively injury free, Bolis redshirts this season, and he eventually becomes good enough where we give him a scholarship. For this season seems like a 'break glass in case of big man emergency' addition.