NCAA Tournament Watch

According to Joe Lunardi as of 10 p.m. CDT:

If ISU is top 2-seed. Then they'd have the worst 7-seed and the best 10-seed in their seeding bracket. NU easily could drop a seed line to become the best 10-seed and play in Omaha. It's not that far-fetched at all for us to dream of the Big Red in the Big O!

Edited by AuroranHusker

5 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

If ISU is top 2-seed. Then they'd have the worst 7-seed and the best 10-seed in their seeding bracket. NU easily could drop a seed line to become the best 10-seed and play in Omaha. It's not that far-fetched at all for us to dream of the Big Red in the Big O!

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

I think you're going the wrong way. NU closer to an 8 than a 9.  Personally believe were either a 7 or an 8.

8 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Why would we fall to the 10? We’re already a 7 according to him. We just need to fall to the worst 7.

14 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I think you're going the wrong way. NU closer to an 8 than a 9.  Personally believe were either a 7 or an 8.

This is me and my wishful thinking of NU in The Good Life, that's all. Being the worst 7-seed has the same effect. I'm just assuming the worst-case scenario as far as seeding, forgetting NU won 7 of 9! I really want to see the Big Red in Omaha next Thurs. since I have both 3/21 sessions in my back pocket. lol

Edited by AuroranHusker

9 minutes ago, Vinny said:

Why would we fall to the 10? We’re already a 7 according to him. We just need to fall to the worst 7.

Well, then, same principle... be the worst 7-seed. There, solved it. Omaha, here we come!! I do not religiously follow this, btw. I am just geeked about NU in The Good Life.

9 minutes ago, 49r said:

At this point I would be surprised to see us fall below the 7 line based on all I've seen so far.

So, yeah, then be the worst 7-seed to match up against the best 2-seed, ISU, both in Omaha. Mystery solved. No sweat. I'm just elated that NU could possibly be 'N' Omaha, if all things worked out just 'so', that the Huskers are dancin' in the heartland of America at CHI next Thurs. GBR!!!

Edited by AuroranHusker

14 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

It's a good thing this is a business trip for Nebraska and not a vacation.

Even for fans, Omaha's a solid selection for March Madness, I guess I don't understand Freddy's Slacks concern in the Big O.... to each their own, I suppose. I wouldn't vacation certain places others find "amazing," either. So, maybe it's me. lol

I think we’re going to see something wild this year: the at-large play-in games are going to feature 10 seeds instead of the typical 11s and 12s.

The only way around it is if they give 10 seeds to Oregon, Drake, NC State, and James Madison. Considering none of them were going to get in without auto bids, it wouldn’t make sense to give them 10s.

3 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

I think we’re going to see something wild this year: the at-large play-in games are going to feature 10 seeds instead of the typical 11s and 12s.

The only way around it is if they give 10 seeds to Oregon, Drake, NC State, and James Madison. Considering none of them were going to get in without auto bids, it wouldn’t make sense to give them 10s.

Holy shit.

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

So, yeah, then be the worst 7-seed to match up against the best 2-seed, ISU, both in Omaha. Mystery solved. No sweat. I'm just elated that NU could possibly be 'N' Omaha, if all things worked out just 'so', that the Huskers are dancin' in the heartland of America at CHI next Thurs. GBR!!!

ISU could still get that last 1 seed.  Between them and UNC I think.  ISU now 2-1 against Houston this year.

6 hours ago, hhcdave said:

Where do you see Lunardi having us as a 7?

It was there most of the day yesterday. His end of day update must have moved us down with the loss. 

If Iowa State is taking the 1 seed from NC, 8 would increase the chances the of Omaha though. Seems this morning he doesn’t think ISU has climbed to a one.

1 minute ago, Vinny said:

It was there most of the day yesterday. His end of day update must have moved us down with the loss. 

If Iowa State is taking the 1 seed from NC, 8 would increase the chances the of Omaha though. Seems this morning he doesn’t think ISU has climbed to a one.

They had an interview with one of the committee members yesterday and had an interesting comment that made it hard to determine what they'll actually do in these very common (this season) situations.

Essentially saying that those #1 seeds who are already out of the playoffs won't necessarily get impacted. But those still in the tournament have the opportunity to move up in seed.

To me, it felt he was referring more to middle seeded type of teams, not #1/#2 type of seeds. We shall see.

48 minutes ago, Vinny said:

I would venture Iowa St in Omaha regardless.