NCAA Tournament Watch

11 hours ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

NET has already refreshed post-Sunday games. Interestingly, we passed Utah despite them winning on the road at UCLA. So we’re at 49 now.

Ohio State is up to 64 (from 72). That makes it much more likely our games against them will end up Q1 and Q2, which is nice. Especially if we beat them again.

And now Minnesota has a great opportunity to do the same. They’re up to 77 (from 82). If they reach 75 I don’t love that our road loss would turn into Q1, but it would be big if we beat them in Lincoln for a Q2 win.

I'd like to see what it looked like if you flipped the Ohio State result.  That may have helped in the NET more than had Purdue won.

41 minutes ago, cozrulz said:

I'd like to see what it looked like if you flipped the Ohio State result.  That may have helped in the NET more than had Purdue won.

It would slightly help our NET by season’s end because we’ll have played two vs OSU compared to one vs Purdue. But that difference is negligible.

More important IMO is Purdue maintains their dominant status so our win vs them is as pristine as possible. They lose a couple more and suddenly that win turns from elite to just really good.

37 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

BYU doesn't get blown out, especially in the road contests, which can't be said for NU. . .

This is one difference, but the biggest difference is they smoked their Q4 opponents by 40+ points in almost every game. They were ranked top 10 or maybe even top 5 in NET going into conference play. An absolute tragedy that the metrics would care about that, but alas, they do.

Someone needs to get the memo to Fred. Next year, no screwing around in blowouts. Don’t unload the bench. Keep pouring it on.

Just now, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

This is one difference, but the biggest difference is they smoked their Q4 opponents by 40+ points in almost every game. They were ranked top 10 or maybe even top 5 in NET going into conference play. An absolute tragedy that the metrics would care about that, but alas, they do.

Someone needs to get the memo to Fred. Next year, no screwing around in blowouts. Don’t unload the bench. Keep pouring it on.

And don't get blown out in games, tbh.

13 minutes ago, royalfan said:

There is no way in hell that our chances of getting a bid would be affected by 4.5 percent based on the outcome of that s car st/ Howard tilt, if that is what is being suggested here.  If so, there is a glitch in the matrix.  

Yeah— like I said, idk how he factors those numbers but… that’s what his numbers said.

1 hour ago, royalfan said:

There is no way in hell that our chances of getting a bid would be affected by 4.5 percent based on the outcome of that s car st/ Howard tilt, if that is what is being suggested here.  If so, there is a glitch in the matrix.  

Given the metric is "leverage," I assume it means that Trev has some dirt on the Howard administration or Howard has some connections with the selection committee, and we now have more leverage over them to get into the tournament.

It's a new word with NIL :lol: