2018 Husker Baseball

Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, The Polish Rifle said:

It's amazingly horrible baseball. Across the board, all phases terrible. Booting the ball, poor pitching, bad at bats against a guy who cannot find the zone.I had to turn it off.

You were lucky. I had to walk out from the stadium in the 7th inning. I am a guy who rarely leaves a game early.

I often tell my wife of being one of about 500 people left in a sold out CWS 1973 game when Dave Winfield pitched Minnesota to a 7-0 lead in the ninth. Winfield to the outfield and USC to score on home plate 8 times.

So, imagine my wife's surprise (and pleasure) when I said "That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more."

Edited by trickey

2 hours ago, HB said:

Can't even make the tournament when it's in Omaha.  Sad to think of a program in this state.   Erstad looks completely disinterested in the dugout.  19-25 team blowing us out at home.  

If the disinterest is true, hopefully it’s an early sign of Erstad throwing in the towel and hanging it up at seasons end. Probably wishful thinking though. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13

1 hour ago, trickey said:

You were lucky. I had to walk out from the stadium in the 7th inning. I am a guy who rarely leaves a game early.

I often tell my wife of being one of about 500 people left in a sold out CWS 1973 game when Dave Winfield pitched Minnesota to a 7-0 lead in the ninth. Winfield to the outfield and USC to score on home plate 8 times.

So, imagine my wife's surprise (and pleasure) when I said "That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more."

My wife would have had the same reaction..."thank god"....looked pretty ugly tonight.

37 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

It would have been nice to have some of those 16 runs spread out over a bunch of disappointing 1 or 2 run losses. But, hope is still glimmering for Nebraseball, nonetheless.

I was so defeated early but it was so refreshing to see those dudes having fun and hitting the crap out of the ball.

15 minutes ago, HB said:

Not quitting after being down 8-1 says a lot about these guys.   Really bad season, but all you can do is keep trying each inning until it is over.   Now we've held Maryland scoreless for 15 innings.  

1.5 back with 6 to go. I just want them to get to Omaha - I want an extra week of baseball damnit.

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Mazing what a series win does for the bitching that goes on here. now its all RAH RAH we can do this. boy what hypocrites. 

Acknowledging  effort in the face of extreme adversity isn't being RAH RAH.    It's just being fair, not hypocritical.    Not sure what the point of a message board is if one can't acknowledge extremely poor performance.     Which is what we've had for most of the year.   Ease up on the name calling.

3 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Man, for as bad of baseball as we have played, to only be 1.5 games back from making it to Omaha for the conference tourney is shocking.  Let's go fellas.  Get it done.

While not holding my breath for that, hope is still hope. 

5 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

1.5 back with 6 to go. I just want them to get to Omaha - I want an extra week of baseball damnit.

I want that too, esp. because doing that will not be easy.  It will show some resolve if nothing else.

13 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Man, for as bad of baseball as we have played, to only be 1.5 games back from making it to Omaha for the conference tourney is shocking.  Let's go fellas.  Get it done.

Technically, we are not 1.5 games back as Mich St holds the tiebreaker over us.  We probably need to go 4-2 at minimum the rest of the way to have a shot. 

Sorry, winning the series is not necessarily a cure to the seasons woes.  However, perhaps we will start getting the breaks, and the players will find their consistency button.  Due to injuries and a myriad of other factors, this team has certainly underachieved heretofore.