Best HS player in Nebraska?

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Read in the OWH today that Junub Char (ex-player at Burke) has scholarship offers from Rutgers and a couple mid majors. I believe he just finished up the year at a NJ prep school.

Could be playing against us next year if he signs with Rutgers.

4_5139782.jpg

Omaha, NE (Blair Academy)

Point Guard

6'-4" 160#

http://247sports.com/Player/Junub-Char-Chuol-46038740

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

4_5139782.jpg

Omaha, NE (Blair Academy)

Point Guard

6'-4" 160#

http://247sports.com/Player/Junub-Char-Chuol-46038740

Good for this kid, sounds like he would not have a chance to play college ball if he would have stayed here and that is not a knock on OPS or Burke. He was not a PG here though but maybe that has changed. He has a lot of athleticism.

• 9 months later...
      12 hours ago, mrjam said:

I sure wish we had Teddy Allen as a HUSKER. I think that we would have at least 2 more wins possibly 3 if you count today.

Play great d and has been the leading scorer 3 of the last 4 games for the # 6 team

I hadn't seen much film until WVU... kid plays with his hair on fire.  Special talent.  Wow.  

• 2 weeks later...
      On 1/9/2018 at 12:00 PM, uneblinstu said:

I'm just gonna say this and some might disagree - but what Mike Sautter is doing for Neb HS Ball is amazing to me. I think it's awesome. 

29 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

I'm just gonna say this and some might disagree - but what Mike Sautter is doing for Neb HS Ball is amazing to me. I think it's awesome. 

He's singlehandedly increasing the chances that a kid in Nebraska has more of an opportunity to be recruited

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

He's singlehandedly increasing the chances that a kid in Nebraska has more of an opportunity to be recruited

Vast expanse of the AAU's in many parts of Nebraska has also increased odds that players are at least 'seen.' But, yeah, Sautter is the real deal. Great for Nebraska's potential ballers.

54 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Vast expanse of the AAU's in many parts of Nebraska has also increased odds that players are at least 'seen.' But, yeah, Sautter is the real deal. Great for Nebraska's potential ballers.

I'm not implying you're arguing against either of us - just adding to dimes's point - but AAU was pretty expansive and big for quite a while and only Sautter seemed to realize that no one was covering it or getting these kids well deserved attention. 

4 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

I'm not implying you're arguing against either of us - just adding to dimes's point - but AAU was pretty expansive and big for quite a while and only Sautter seemed to realize that no one was covering it or getting these kids well deserved attention. 

Oh no, I'm not arguing it. I'm referring to AAU's in parts of Nebraska outside of metro Lincoln/Omaha. The big ones have been around a very long time in Omaha...

Edited by AuroranHusker