2017-18 Husker opponents

Yup, hard to overcome the following:

AS A SOPHOMORE (2017-18): • Preseason Naismith Trophy Watch List...Preseason Julius Erving Award Watch List...Preseason All-Big Ten...Scored 10 points and grabbed eight rebounds vs. Jackson State (11/20)...Finished with double digit rebounds against Butler (11/15) and Bucknell (11/18)...Posted double-double with career-high 14 rebounds and 11 points in season opener vs. Stony Brook (11/10). 

AS A FRESHMAN (2016-17): Appeared in all 33 games, earning starts in 30...Led the team in three-point shooting percentage (.438), while also shooting .438 from the floor...Second on the team in scoring (10.5 ppg)...Seventh on Maryland's freshman single season rebounding list (199)...Led the Terps in rebounding, averaging 6.0 boards per game...Posted 14 points in NCAA First Round game vs. Xavier (3/16)...Scored 15 points and added six rebounds vs. Michigan State (3/4)...Notched 10 points and a team-high seven rebounds vs. Minnesota (2/22)...Posted a team-high 14 points and nine rebounds at Penn State (2/7)...Recorded second consecutive double-double with 22 points and 12 rebounds at Ohio State (1/31)...First back-to-back double-double for a Maryland freshman since Jordan Williams in 2010...Went 5-for-5 from beyond the arc en route to a career-high 28 points and 10 rebounds at Minnesota (1/28)...Named Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week (1/23)...Recorded six steals, 12 points, nine rebounds and four assists at Iowa (1/19)...Notched 11 points and added six boards and two blocks vs. Indiana (1/10)...Led Maryland with 15 points and six rebounds at Michigan (1/7)...Scored 12 points and added four rebounds vs. Illinois (12/27)...One of six Terps in double figures with 12 points and six boards vs. Jacksonville State (12/12)...Posted 19 points on 6-for-8 from the floor and added five rebounds vs. Saint Peter's (12/10)...Named to the Barclays All-Tournament team after averaging 13.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game in wins over Richmond and Kansas State...Notched a career-high four blocks and added 11 points vs. Kansas State (11/26)...Recorded 16 points and seven rebounds vs. Richmond (11/25)...Posted eight points and a team-high nine rebounds vs. Stony Brook (11/22)...Scored 21 points - including a career-high five treys - vs. Towson (11/20)...Grabbed a career-high 10 rebounds against St. Mary's (MD) and added six points and three assists (11/17)...Recorded 17 points - including three treys - and a team-high seven rebounds at Georgetown (11/15)...Notched three points and nine rebounds in his collegiate debut vs. American (11/11)...was selected to participate in the 2017 NBA Draft Combine in Chicago. 

Just now, nuhusker7 said:

McIntosh just went down holding his knee for Northwestern against Brown. Not sure the severity, but the way he was holding it and rolling around in pain it didn't look good.

Also Brown is currently beating NW by 3 early in the 2nd half on FS1.

Jinx you owe me an NCAA tournament victory.

Collins said he knew little about McIntosh’s knee injury. The Wildcats plan to replace him by committee.

“You just pray for a guy like that who’s a senior that it’s not something that’s going to cost him an extended amount of time, especially when you’re in your last year,” Collins said.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/dererk-pardon-northwestern-brown/

Typically when coaches say after the game they don't know much, that's a bad sign for the severity of the injury. I would imagine he doesn't play Tuesday. 

Regardless, this is a huge game for NU. That arena was almost empty today, and I can't imagine it'll be much better attended Tuesday. Need to steal some road games, and this is a golden opportunity to get one.

Some observations:

- Iowa lacks something. Peter Jok. That's that they're lacking.

- Neither Indiana or Wisconsin seem all that scary.

- Michigan can still really shoot it.

- Tom Crean is pretty good at this analyst gig.

- Penn St. has some playmakers.

- Maryland still has some players, too, but they look like they're trying to figure things out missing their two guys that got hurt.

Watching the two B1G game start tonight.

Rutgers looked terrible against Purdue.  Although Purdue looked pretty good, it’s hard to tell because it was against a struggling Rutgers.

Illinois has so far looked pretty rough against Minny.  Minny is up 15 already late in the first half.  

We should beat 3/4 of those teams at home and 2-3/4 on the road.  I don’t know who we play at home or away, but we should be able to beat Illinois and Rutgers no matter where we play em.

Illinois fought back and made a game of it vs. Minnesota. Couldn't pull off the comeback, but the Illini are a pesky bunch and have some talent. They're gonna be a handful. They're super young, so they may hit a wall at some point, but they're gonna be really good over the next couple of years, I think, just probably not this one.

OT Post.... I’m glad we aren’t in the B12 this year.  That’s a tough deep league.  Watching OU tonight score at will and Trey You g is tough.

Back to Minny game, I was surprised to see Illinois come back, but they just started to play harder than Minnesota.  That’s how we beat them.  I don’t think Illinois is word beaters, but they’ll play hard and that’s worth something.  Minny is going to struggle I think, especially if they don’t start to play harder.

11 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

Illinois fought back and made a game of it vs. Minnesota. Couldn't pull off the comeback, but the Illini are a pesky bunch and have some talent. They're gonna be a handful. They're super young, so they may hit a wall at some point, but they're gonna be really good over the next couple of years, I think, just probably not this one.

Illinois turns you over, gets to the FT line, and grabs O-Rebounds. We're good on 2 out of those 3. Like our chances in both games.

That's the only road game in our last 5 games

Rutgers

Maryland

@ Illinois

Indiana

Penn St

Really like our chances to finish strong here

2 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Illinois turns you over, gets to the FT line, and grabs O-Rebounds. We're good on 2 out of those 3. Like our chances in both games.

That's the only road game in our last 5 games

Rutgers

Maryland

@ Illinois

Indiana

Penn St

Really like our chances to finish strong here

No question about it. They're talented, though, that's all I'm saying. They're gonna grab some games that will spoil things for a team or two.

Just now, uneblinstu said:

No question about it. They're talented, though, that's all I'm saying. They're gonna grab some games that will spoil things for a team or two.

They overcame a 22 point deficit vs Maryland at home to put that game into OT.  Underwood actually had them come back out and run their pre-game warmups at half time. They're definitely feisty and their fast play gives them the ability to put up points in a hurry.