Andrew White Transfering

Not that there were many in the boat to start with, but we all can see now that this was definitely NOT a Miles or staff issue at the end of the day and was really a White family issue.  

Only read posts from one person here who thought it was a Miles and staff issue.

It's interesting...and maybe there's a reason for it...but that one person only seems to (at least from what I've seen) post on topics about AW leaving.

Not that there were many in the boat to start with, but we all can see now that this was definitely NOT a Miles or staff issue at the end of the day and was really a White family issue.  

Only read posts from one person here who thought it was a Miles and staff issue.

Like it was stated there were only a couple on here, but in general in you ever go on to other boards, there were quite a few that arent well versed on the day to day of things like we are here that had their pitchforks ready to go.  I think we tend to be a little more educated over here, at times, but just making more of a blanket statement as time goes on.

Either way, both camps come out losers in this situation IMO.  We are not a better team without AWIII, and it's highly unlikely AWIII is going to find what he's looking for.  He's either going to end up at a place like Cuse where his production will go down or end up at a place like Richmond where he will probably put up similar stats to last year.  But, in a league and on a team that doesn't get much press or air time.  We will never know what really happened as Miles and the staff have moved on.

I understand what you mean, but are we really better off (given all the chaos, drama, and baggage) with AWIII on our roster next year than without him? I might have to argue that we would net out any positives that we would have if he ever came back on the roster.

If your point was assuming that none of this drama had occurred, then I completely agree with your point.

Like it was stated there were only a couple on here, but in general in you ever go on to other boards, there were quite a few that arent well versed on the day to day of things like we are here that had their pitchforks ready to go.  I think we tend to be a little more educated over here, at times, but just making more of a blanket statement as time goes on.

Either way, both camps come out losers in this situation IMO.  We are not a better team without AWIII, and it's highly unlikely AWIII is going to find what he's looking for.  He's either going to end up at a place like Cuse where his production will go down or end up at a place like Richmond where he will probably put up similar stats to last year.  But, in a league and on a team that doesn't get much press or air time.  We will never know what really happened as Miles and the staff have moved on.

Agreed.

I understand what you mean, but are we really better off (given all the chaos, drama, and baggage) with AWIII on our roster next year than without him? I might have to argue that we would net out any positives that we would have if he ever came back on the roster.

If your point was assuming that none of this drama had occurred, then I completely agree with your point.

For as much flack AWIII is getting(and deservingly so)...by all accounts, he was a great teammate last year and well liked.  Had he come back...I don't think he would have been a cancer...even if he was unhappy for whatever reason.  JMO

Was basing on what was said here.  Given folks on Rivals eat their young, I am not surprised there were more.

Hell, forget the grad transfer rule; college athletics in general (at least the money sports) is about athletic improvement more so than it is about education. Who's this guy trying to fool?

I still think there should be a sports major (classes on dealing with the press, public speaking, money management, running local programs/leagues etc). Let these kids major in what they're interested in. It'd be like a theater major.

Here's what I could gather:

Syracuse:

- Aug. 1 - Registration for new graduate students

- Aug. 29 - First day of classes

- Aug. 29-Sept. 6 - Late registration

VCU:

- Aug. 18-23 - Registration

- Aug. 25 - First day of classes

- Aug. 25-31 - Late registration

Miami:

- Aug. 8 - Registration

- Aug. 22 - First day of classes

- Aug. 31 - Late registration

Richmond:

- July 18-Aug. 5 - Registration

- Aug. 22 - First day of classes

- Sept. 2 - Late registration

So is it fair to say that the latest we'll hear from an AWIII "source" is Sept.6 around 11 p.m.?

Hell, forget the grad transfer rule; college athletics in general (at least the money sports) is about athletic improvement more so than it is about education. Who's this guy trying to fool?

I still think there should be a sports major (classes on dealing with the press, public speaking, money management, running local programs/leagues etc). Let these kids major in what they're interested in. It'd be like a theater major.

I always said the same thing. Create a major for those athletes that are interested in a career in their sport.

I always said the same thing. Create a major for those athletes that are interested in a career in their sport.

Most major 'football factory' colleges basically have a way to do that with the "Physical Education" major, it seems.

Most major 'football factory' colleges basically have a way to do that with the "Physical Education" major, it seems.

I'm thinking something different from a gym teaching degree, but you're not wrong.

If you want to connect some Andrew White dots, the Team USA jersey + not having to play man defense points things in the direction of him committing to Syracuse when Boeheim returns from the Olympics. Lets say Tuesday August 23rd.

Good logic.  

That said, funny if he ends up going where he would play zone, if he was really moving to improve himself to make the NBA, wouldn't you think he'd know he needs to get better at man defense to play in the NBA? I know the NBA has relaxed  the straight up man to man requirement but.

If you want to connect some Andrew White dots, the Team USA jersey + not having to play man defense points things in the direction of him committing to Syracuse when Boeheim returns from the Olympics. Lets say Tuesday August 23rd.

Good logic.  

That said, funny if he ends up going where he would play zone, if he was really moving to improve himself to make the NBA, wouldn't you think he'd know he needs to get better at man defense to play in the NBA? I know the NBA has relaxed  the straight up man to man requirement but.

As has been noted elsewhere the strategy for college players these days is to hide your deficiencies, not work on them.

Good logic.  

As has been noted elsewhere the strategy for college players these days is to hide your deficiencies, not work on them.

Agree with that assessment, however, at some point the NBA guys figure out their flaws.  Just more of kids today wanting things handed to them.

Good logic.  

That's not what his sources say...