Transfer portal watch

Bugeaters1

After watching lots of NCAA tourney games......We can use some quickness at about all positions to match up better. 

So Carolina (and most of the Elite 8)... had super quickness at the guards on both ends.... could drive to the basket too...and quick 4's. Everyone want's and is trying to find more speed. It too seems to be more prevalent these days. 

Kind of concerned about how well, and how quickly our inquired players can/ will be able to recover and get back to game speed. 

Hope we can get a couple of big's some how. Seem to be a lot available......but all teams are looking for bigs too.

Edited by redsteve

24 minutes ago, Tom Jones said:

what is going on at OSU?  Is there any known or reasonably plausible reason for all these players moving on?

No longer part of a power conference.  Want to play on a bigger stage.  Also possible the coach is thinking the same thing, although I haven't heard he's moving on yet.

1 hour ago, All About the Corn said:

OSU and WSU are going to the West Coast Conference the next two years and then who knows. Big drop from the PAC12 so it is understandable that they have players entering the portal. 

Makes me sad that Oregon St. & Washington St. just flat got left out in the cold during the mass exodus from the PAC 12

I don’t recognize this college sports world we’re living in anymore 😕

3 hours ago, KLamp21 said:

Annika Stewart has officially transferred to Minnesota.

https://gophersports.com/news/2024/4/12/gophers-add-stewart-to-the-womens-basketball-roster

she could see more playing time for the gophers. think i read where Hart has had a history of injury problems. hip the latest one. anyway, best of luck to her----except when they play the huskers.😉

4 hours ago, All About the Corn said:

Watched the Nike Hoops Summit on Fox Sports over the weekend and some really good players will be coming into the B1G in the fall. It is not going to get any easier folks. 

no........it's not.

huskers have good talent coming in, but, it would be nice to get a break with that "big"

i knew nothing of Lex.........just that she committed to SDSU, and as a fan of the Jacks, thought a very good pick up. however, what a break it was for the huskers that she changed her commitment. i just remember reading that she was playing a summer tournament (or whatever) and held her own against some of the best in the country. she has exceeded my hopes playing for the huskers.

Edited by whoopdeedoo