Penn St. (12-13) vs. Nebraska (17-8) Game Thread

55 minutes ago, royalfan said:

I am pretty worried about this one.  They are pretty quick jumping rim protectors as well.  We really need to bring energy on the boards to get more possessions.  

You know the numbers and the metrics inside out.  I agree we need to bring energy on the boards.  I'm not worried about this one.  This year I'm going with my heart and not my head.  We might get off to a slow start tomorrow.  Last time we had a week off was before the Creighton game.  That was then, this is now. We win and cover the spread!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, 49r said:

The last time we had a week (or more) off was before the South Carolina State game.  Then the time before that was the Kansas State game.  Then the time before that was the Creighton game.

Sorry.  I was watching a Fred interview and he talked about having a week off before the Creighton game.  My bad. I should have done some research.  

2 hours ago, royalfan said:

I am pretty worried about this one.  They are pretty quick jumping rim protectors as well.  We really need to bring energy on the boards to get more possessions.  

We in here ALWAYS bring the energy to the boards… but I’m not thinking that’s the boards you’re talking about.  Lol.

NGL, when I first read your post, I read it as we on the board needed to bring the energy and I was like… what does us having energy have to do with how the game goes.  lol 

3 hours ago, cipsucks said:

This guy grew up in Pennsylvania.  Maybe, just maybe, Keisei has this type of game in him, someday. There are some similarities in their styles...

Fred’s old Team the Timberwolves thought/expected Ricky Rubio to be the NEXT Pistol Pete Maravich. You read that right. Yikes, & you wonder why they’re the Losing(est) Franchise ALL-Time of the 4 Major Sports. 

7 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Fred’s old Team the Timberwolves thought/expected Ricky Rubio to be the NEXT Pistol Pete Maravich. You read that right. Yikes, & you wonder why they’re the Losing(est) Franchise ALL-Time of the 4 Major Sports. 

I very much doubt that the comp for a pass first European guard born drafted in the 2000s was a scoring phenom from the 70s.

The Rubio pick wasn't bad....picking consecutive PGs in Rubio and Johnny Flynn at 5 and 6 as opposed to using one of those picks on Steph Curry was an all-time boner though.

7 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

To be fair, he had a pretty good NBA and international career but never achieved superstar status because of multiple knee and ankle surgeries. Our Spanish foreign exchange student thought he was a god. 

9 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Clary the leading scorer out today,  I don’t pretend to be an expert on Penn st. but I think it makes them longer and better on the defensive end and glass.  

Thinking the same thing. Another thing it does is take away a guard fairly elite at getting to the FT line. If I adjusted my score it would be to lower the total points, not the point spread

3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

I very much doubt that the comp for a pass first European guard born drafted in the 2000s was a scoring phenom from the 70s.

The Rubio pick wasn't bad....picking consecutive PGs in Rubio and Johnny Flynn at 5 and 6 as opposed to using one of those picks on Steph Curry was an all-time boner though.

Facts: if I had a Dollar for EVERY time I heard that comparison made in the Twin Cities Media I could retire. It had EVERYTHING to do with the Haircut & the “Flair”…!!!