NCAA Tournament Watch

9 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Lunardi is excellent at his job. He's not hired to be the most accurate, he's hired to get the most clicks. And everyone falls for it. ESPN wins.

That is mostly because he works for ESPN. If they put an actual guy who really knows the system all over their platforms they would get just a many or more clicks.

Just now, Art Vandalay said:

That is mostly because he works for ESPN. If they put an actual guy who really knows the system all over their platforms they would get just a many or more clicks.

I wholeheartedly agree. But, they have their stooge, similar to Lee Corso, that they trot out for the masses at the Roman Coliseum to give a "thumbs-sideways" for their deplorable performance.

2 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:
14 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Lunardi is excellent at his job. He's not hired to be the most accurate, he's hired to get the most clicks. And everyone falls for it. ESPN wins.

Just makes me think of their move to cut costs; replacing Bear on College Game Day and replacing him with [insert generic college football guy with no personality here].

It became a worse product, but the same result in viewership for ESPN.

8 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Man, I wish NU had such a dishonorable thing such as the father of basketball disrespecting its time-honored program like KU... I'd imagine 55-60 is top 8 at NU, lol.

The takeaway isn't that Naismith was a bad coach....it's that he invented the game but that didn't mean because of that he was the world's greatest coach.  Once again, credit to Lunardi for turning what was a hobby as someone who worked in the St Joe's athletic department into an industry of sorts. 

5 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

The takeaway isn't that Naismith was a bad coach....it's that he invented the game but that didn't mean because of that he was the world's greatest coach.  Once again, credit to Lunardi for turning what was a hobby as someone who worked in the St Joe's athletic department into an industry of sorts. 

True that. I didn't know Naismith had a losing record, comes as a shock to the system... NU wished for his "greatness" as a hallmark of a program, somebody paid many millions for his basket ball rules to place in their HOF. Still boggles the mind.

And, yes, Lunardi like Mel Kiper turned a weird hobby into a multi-million dollar industry, via ESPN...