2024-25 Husker opponents

23 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I'm not sure you can look at that and say whether it helps us or not. 

From a spectator standpoint, it will be cool to see UCLA at PBA.

Basketball Reference says we're 1-4 against them all time.  Any idea if we've ever played them in Lincoln?

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Last time we played couldn't hit a 3, couldn't miss a 2

Year 3 was the same, Lat never did turn out ok, who was Keon?, and Bryce ended up pretty good for a true Frosh 

On 11/21/2021 at 10:45 PM, hskr4life said:

So-- 5 games in, this is where I am at.

1.  My five players who should be getting the majority of the minutes are...... Kobe, Bryce, Wilcher, Wilhelm, Walker

2.  My three players who should be getting the majority of the backup minutes are....... Andre (at the post) and Keisei/Verge at the guard position.

3.  I just don't know what to think about Lat.  He hasn't shot well at all in basically every game he's ever played here.  He also doesn't do well enough in other areas for me to justify him playing a ton of minutes.  He must show out really well in practice.  I'm not a coach, I don't see what happens every day in practice, however his production in games does not justify his minutes played.  JMO from watching games only.

4.  We're getting better, but have a long long ways to go.  Unfortunately, it's looking like Year 3 is going to be the same in that we have a huge growth curve to overcome to start the season.

5.  With that being said, the talent upgrade is starting to show.  Bryce is looking really good for a true frosh.  Boy I wish we could have gotten one more year with him.  I really like the idea of Wilhelm being on the floor for more minutes BUT he's going to have to learn not to foul.  Wilcher looks good, even if he had a rougher outing.  

6.  Interesting seeing Keon continue to start.  I don't think we can sustain BOTH Keon and Lat continue to start.  Too little production on the floor to start games.  Keon and Lat should probably be fighting for who is the 9th many.

7.  Absolutely have to win these next two.  Even with winning these next two, there's a real chance we'd be welcoming Kansas State at 5-6.

Edited by hskr4life

11 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Year 3 was the same, Lat never did turn out ok, who was Keon?, and Bryce ended up pretty good for a true Frosh 

Keon was Keon Edwards.  He transferred here from DePaul.  Thought he was going to be something, and then he wasn't.  Started for awhile because Trey was hurt.  

49 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Keon was Keon Edwards.  He transferred here from DePaul.  Thought he was going to be something, and then he wasn't.  Started for awhile because Trey was hurt.  

Thaaaats right.  Totally forgot about him!

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder when TBA will turn into actual teams for the Diamond Head. You would think it’s getting late in the scheduling process for some.  I’m not expecting much from those last two teams.

That St Mary’s game should be a great test and sneaky good Non-Con game.

55 minutes ago, LincecumFan said:

Will there be any Gavett games with the Big East this year? Wouldn't NU be under consideration for a game this season?

Surprised the Big Ten and the Big 12 haven't pursued a game, as of yet. I suppose they already have one against the SEC.... the B1G-ACC Challenge is the only one remaining for the Big Ten, since the Pac-12 is no more a consideration.

19 hours ago, Art Vandalay said:

I’m good with this schedule. Should be able to get a bunch of wins and good NET before big 10 play.

Not sure we will have a good NET before big 10 play unless we beat Creighton.  Not alot of other challenging games on the schedule other than St. Mary's.

40 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Not sure we will have a good NET before big 10 play unless we beat Creighton.  Not alot of other challenging games on the schedule other than St. Mary's.

I think the whole non con schedule was easier last year and we were just fine.

22 hours ago, kldm64 said:

We need to add a few more challenging games to the schedule.  

I'm kinda torn on this subject. On one hand I would like to see Fred substitute one of those cupcakes with another high level mid-major, but on the other I know how difficult those two December B1G games are. If those two TBAs for the Diamond Head Classic turn out to be top 50 opponents, and we get the opportunity to play one, then I'm OK with the non-conference schedule.

Here are the current roster rankings per Bartovik for 24-25.
Take these numbers with a grain of salt.

UTRGV - 303

Bethune Cookman - 361

Fairleigh Dickinson - 343

South Dakota - 231

North Florida - 274

Southern - 242

Creighton - 6

Saint Mary's - 35

Potential Diamond Head Classic opponents

Charleston - 127

Hawai’i - 210

Loyola Chicago - 77