uneblinst's postgame chatter: vol 16; ed 1 - Lindenwood

uneblinstu

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

That might have been during the dark years of Randy whatever his name was. I’m not sure Kent was calling the games when Nate was playing. So he might not have been aware of the connection.

It is weird but I did see it on Twitter the day before and Amy Williams bought in the mom and gave her some Husker swag before the game. So I think people knew but agree it’s odd it was not more publicized.

On 11/7/2023 at 9:41 AM, hhcmatt said:

It's sort of funny to me how people seem to be down a bit on Boogie. I saw a guy who passes like he knows where everyone is supposed to be on offense, was able to hit our bigs for easy buckets, and at least one Sam Griesel backdown on a smaller defender.

Totally agree with this!!  When he came in first half it was 11-8 and then we went on a run….

On 11/6/2023 at 11:02 PM, Faux Mike Peltz said:

JL had a couple of nice threes but also missed a couple of layups that he would’ve made last year. I agree with a previous commenter- it did appear he was pressing a bit. But he will be fine.

Lawrence actually only shot 50% at the rim last year which is pretty poor, and that showed up on film. He's not terribly explosive athletically, and touch around the rim has looked to be a problem as well. That's definitely an area in which he needs to improve if he's going to be the player Nebraska fans think he can be.

1 hour ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Lawrence actually only shot 50% at the rim last year which is pretty poor, and that showed up on film. He's not terribly explosive athletically, and touch around the rim has looked to be a problem as well. That's definitely an area in which he needs to improve if he's going to be the player Nebraska fans think he can be.

54% on close 2s last year. Probably below average right? But it was on relatively low volume (Griesel took 4x as many close 2s and was 57.8%). JL was shooting 28.5% from the field prior to entering the rotation. In conference play, I was pretty impressed with his ability, as a true freshman, to finish through contact in the lane. 54% on close 2s was where Glynn Watson was at as a senior.