Off-season off topic: The days of the week

For you classic country music fans out there. I know you're out there. 🙂  Something I learned just in the last few days.  George Jones was supposed to be on the airplane that crashed killing Patsy Cline.  She kicked him off because he ate her fried chicken.  And T.O. gave up fried chicken because they told him it would be the death of him...

Sunset tonight, which is basically now, marks the start of Yom Kippur.  The highest of Jewish Holy Days.  It's the Day of Atonement.  A quick sports story about this day:

Hall of famer Sandy Koufax, one of the most famous Jewish athletes in American sports, made national headlines when he refuses to pitch in the first game of the 1965 World Series because it fell on Yom Kippur.  When Koufax's replacement Don Drysdale was pulled from the game for poor performance, he told Dodger's manager Walter Alston, "I bet you wish I was Jewish, too."

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 7:29 PM, cipsucks said:

Sunset tonight, which is basically now, marks the start of Yom Kippur.  The highest of Jewish Holy Days.  It's the Day of Atonement.  A quick sports story about this day:

Hall of famer Sandy Koufax, one of the most famous Jewish athletes in American sports, made national headlines when he refuses to pitch in the first game of the 1965 World Series because it fell on Yom Kippur.  When Koufax's replacement Don Drysdale was pulled from the game for poor performance, he told Dodger's manager Walter Alston, "I bet you wish I was Jewish, too."

I had a GF who was born on the same day as Game 7 of the ‘65 Series. Dad had tickets to the Ballgame and went there instead of the Hospital.