Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hhcmatt

2020 PF Marial Mading

Recommended Posts

If my memory serves me right there were a lot of national media members that have Mading as a breakout candidate before practices started. Don't know why he didn't end up at rhode island either. It's paying off right now though. I believe we showed slight interest during Miles last summer at AAU. 

 

Intriguing player. He's blown up as of recently so throwing out hat in the ring might or might not pay off in the long run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 4:37 PM, LK1 said:

 

Played PG in high school.  He wouldn't meet our power forward needs but he and Banton playing guard could create horrifying mismatches.  Intriguing prospect.  

Cam Mack, Banton, Stevenson, Green, and this guy would be TROUBLE. A must get in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stats are underwhelming but any time offers from Oregon, Florida, UConn, Kansas and Kentucky (showing interest) I think it is safe to consider a prospect as likely adding quite a bit of value to NU, particularly if he is legitimately 6"11- which has yet to be confirmed, by the way. If NU was to sign Donovan Williams and Mading- or another big man, would they need to vacate a spot to fill for Teddy Allen, if he were interested? And if so, who might be the person "asked to look at a school which better fits him"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 1:12 PM, Husker Hoops Penitent said:

And if so, who might be the person "asked to look at a school which better fits him"?

 

More than likely they won't need to ask, the chances of any roster returning intact these days is quite low.  Thor could graduate and go overseas, Arop could go somewhere looking for playing time, Curtis could get tired of waiting for playing time, Burke could get tired of splitting minutes and grad transfer, Cross could decide the Big Ten isn't for him, Ouedraogo could get homesick, Green or Mack could go play overseas, who knows what could happen.  All of those things might have a low probability by themselves, but something is likely to occur.  The last time we had every scholarship player return was going into 2014 (Shields, Gallegos, Parker, Rivers, Vucetic, Petteway-RS, Pitchford-RS, Biggs-RS).

Edited by Dead Dog Alley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mention Thor, we all have mentioned Thor. Thing about Thor is he has some intangibles that Hoiberg really likes and no player has benefited more from the new coaching staff than Thor. My guess is he likes it here and there's no reason at this point for him to go anywhere else. He's going to help us make history in year 2 when we get that damn monkey off our backs. Why would he want to not be here for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

You mention Thor, we all have mentioned Thor. Thing about Thor is he has some intangibles that Hoiberg really likes and no player has benefited more from the new coaching staff than Thor. My guess is he likes it here and there's no reason at this point for him to go anywhere else. He's going to help us make history in year 2 when we get that damn monkey off our backs. Why would he want to not be here for that?

 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

 

More than likely they won't need to ask, the chances of any roster returning intact these days is quite low.  Thor could graduate and go overseas, Arop could go somewhere looking for playing time, Curtis could get tired of waiting for playing time, Burke could get tired of splitting minutes and grad transfer, Cross could decide the Big Ten isn't for him, Ouedraogo could get homesick, Green or Mack could go play overseas, who knows what could happen.  All of those things might have a low probability by themselves, but something is likely to occur.  The last time we had every scholarship player return was going into 2014 (Shields, Gallegos, Parker, Rivers, Vucetic, Petteway-RS, Pitchford-RS, Biggs-RS).

 

Man;  You're just full of Happy Thoughts this Thanksgiving (ha, ha).  But here's one;  This is the first time we have Fred Hoiberg as a 'draw."

 

(Jus kidding ya!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 3:28 PM, Norm Peterson said:

You mention Thor, we all have mentioned Thor. Thing about Thor is he has some intangibles that Hoiberg really likes and no player has benefited more from the new coaching staff than Thor. My guess is he likes it here and there's no reason at this point for him to go anywhere else. He's going to help us make history in year 2 when we get that damn monkey off our backs. Why would he want to not be here for that?

Obviously things can always change, but I talked to Thor at media day about this. He said he probably thought about going home when Miles first got fired (he didn't have any interest in transferring elsewhere and redshirting) but that went away after he talked with Hoiberg.

 

Quote

“I liked everything they had to say right from the bat. They were planning on doing something that I wanted to be a part of. It was an easy decision for me. And also, I kind of wanted to stay here at Nebraska, whatever had happened. I’m halfway through my degree and I think there are a lot of things to consider in this decision process, but ultimately I think I made the right decision.”

 

How important is the school part?

Quote

“It is a big part of it for me, and especially for my parents as well — you’ve got to please them. As the cliche goes, one day the ball will stop bouncing so you have to do something else, and it’s always good to have something to fall back on.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...