2019 Nebraska baseball

throwback

23 hours ago, brfrad said:

Hopefully,  we have our rotation figured out.  Matt Waldron, Fisher, and Perry.  Curry in mid-week games.  Hopefully,  Luensmen and Schwellenbach are healthy.  We'll need them.  

Curry is out for a long time 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, looking over how our offense compares to some other big ten teams in things I deem to be important in college baseball.  Things like Total bases per k.  K's per home run, Stolen base success rates etc.  It is downright pathetic.  Erstad clearly does not understand analytics very well, and clearly is not recruiting the right type of players.  Striking out a lot and hitting for no power whatsoever is a a horrific blend of ingredients.  

Indiana 5.46 K per homer  Nebraska 26.4

Iowa total bases per K 2.17  Nebraska 1.33 Grasp that for a second.  1.33 total bases per K

On 4/1/2019 at 3:37 PM, royalfan said:

Wow, looking over how our offense compares to some other big ten teams in things I deem to be important in college baseball.  Things like Total bases per k.  K's per home run, Stolen base success rates etc.  It is downright pathetic.  Erstad clearly does not understand analytics very well, and clearly is not recruiting the right type of players.  Striking out a lot and hitting for no power whatsoever is a a horrific blend of ingredients.  

Indiana 5.46 K per homer  Nebraska 26.4

Iowa total bases per K 2.17  Nebraska 1.33 Grasp that for a second.  1.33 total bases per K

I have Iowa at 1.53.  Illinois is at 2.17 tb/k.  We are now at 1.43.

On the flip side our pitchers are shutting down the other teams.  18.37 K per HR.  1.37 Total bases per k.  5th in the conference in both areas.  We are 3rd in throwing runners out trying to steal.

A couple other stats.  We lead the conference in bb/9 at 3.14.  I like us throwing strikes.  This next stat shows how different the game is now.  We are 9th in the conference with 8.33 k/9.  I would have thought that would be top 5 for sure, if not near the top.  The next series could be rough as PSU leads the conference at 10.31 K's/9.